• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec 520W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
Does anybody here have any experience with the Vantec 520W PSUs? What got me interested with these are the really high 5V rail Amp ratings, 52A, & the ±1% line regulation that used to be only on the more expensive PSUs in the market like PC Power & Cooling.

Sonny said:
Does anybody here have any experience with the Vantec 520W PSUs? What got me interested with these are the really high 5V rail Amp ratings, 52A, & the ±1% line regulation that used to be only on the more expensive PSUs in the market like PC Power & Cooling.
Sonny I believe you are mistaken, the Vantec has +/- 5% line regulation with the rest of the PSU's, save the True Powers (3%) and of course PCP&C (1%).

i've been shopping too, think i'm sold on the vantec 480. looks good, 3 temp controlled and adjustable fans, blue led, black aluminum case. nice! all the reviews look great, and the specs look good, price is not too bad. yup, i'm sold. lemme know how that 520 works out if you get it

I see we both have the spec sheet

nikhsub1 said:
Sonny I believe you are mistaken, the Vantec has +/- 5% line regulation with the rest of the PSU's, save the True Powers (3%) and of course PCP&C (1%).

Vantec 520W.jpg

I think maybe you were reading 3.2.1:beer: or the PDF is fubar:mad:

HEC 450watter, my board doesnt like Enermax PSU's. but ive heard rumors that they wud be selling Antec True Powers over here in the philippines by February next year! Man!??!

Now that I found that PDF, this one is the one that concerns me. I have a call into vantec to see what the reg is.

Hey guys...

I've been messing around with the Vantec Power Supplies for a few weeks now.

One simple word: SOLID!

I threw everything at it, and it didn't budge. 5v line NEVER dropped below 5.01. Not even 5.00, not even 4.99 =).

Ah well, Lets mess aroudn with it some more.

Pricey yes, but quality..Yup.

-JokerF15

JokerF15 & Sert Turk - When you guys have settled in your new systems could you list down your total system specs & show us a voltage readings from idle to load? This would give the rest of us a good idea on how they perform. Don't forget to 'clock them till they scream no more:eek:

Or they have been deleted since I am just riding his bandwidth so i expect this to happen sooner or later. I suggest everyone DL the PDF to see for themselves.

Back