• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

monitor out of wack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
the focus seems to be off on my monitor its kinda old but thats not it the words are not crisp

is there anything i can do for it or is that just the way of things

( like a repair shop or something i can tweak in the back )

(ps i know about the "killer monitor " thing so no need to mention i could get shocked)

If you CAREFULLY...and i stress the word carefully, remove the back cover, with the front of the monitor facing away from you....look to the right hand side of the board, find the "flyback"...thats the large transformer with the thick wire coming out of it that attaches to the crt....on this, you should see 1 or 2 small adjustment knobs.....if there is 2, usually the top one is for focus while the bottom is for G2 voltage..(that would be the high voltage supply to the crt)..they may actually even be marked....use an INSULATED screwdriver or even a fully plastic one to adjust the focus back and forth a few times...doing this slowly you'll be able to bring the picture as sharp as it can possibly get..(doesn't mean it will be a crisp image...as older monitors tend to get a bit blury)

:useful tip:.....stick a mirror in front of the monitor so you don't have to look around to the front when your adjusting it.

or get my punk brother to look fro me

it will be like the eye doctor

this or ( click) this
this or ( click) this
this or ( click) this

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
just your hole

ill try takening this thing apart later i need to "brow" a insulated screw dirver from work first

if not there might be a " slightly fuzzy 14 inch monitor in clasifieds"

dual monitor is good but i like to be able to read both sides wout out straining

Back