• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how come ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Why does it take so long to process a 200kb file? if the computer were encoding a 200MB .wav file it would be done so many times faster.

I was always under the impression that it was processing the same 340kb or so over and over again, looking for signals on different frequencies.

I'm probably wrong, though.

DDR-PIII - Great question!!! I never really thought about why the actual proc. of breaking down the unit and seeking for signals took so much time. Sorry, no input to add just waiting for the Senior members to fill use in:D

Before I make a fool of myself telling you exactly what S@H does with all data it collects, I went to the site and managed to get this link. It explain what the screensaver (and by extention the clc) does with each analysis it does.

Click here to know more about all the parts of the screensaver screen.....almost the same info that the clc gets.

Back