• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idea to stomp OCUK 7 step method

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
1. TC has a stompmonster

2. we have money

3. we purchace workunits from stompmonster

4. say $1 a workunit $.5 toward contests $.5 toward upgrading stompmonster

5. workunits are added to our account

6. TC uses money to upgrade stompmonster

7. Stomp monster becomes faster so more people can buy more workunits

if everyone where to do this tc's stompmonster will become gargantuan (maybe as powerful as PSC which has the processing power of 3000 processors)

actually lets just put the funds together to rent that place for a week PSC

I am game for giving a little cash to get some units but I think the price has to come down:) I might be willing to give say?? (and this is just thinking out loud here) $5-$10 for a week of crunching? I think a percentage should goto TC for the machine and electricity the rest should goto the team for future things:)

It would be nice to help out the people who have put soooooo much into the team. :)

just my thoughts:)

I have no problem letting our mini monster crunch for people, but I don't like the idea of taking money to upgrade it. I don't want there to be any way in which the use of the money can be questioned - i.e. what did I do with it to upgrade, and what should be done when the hardware needs to be replaced or sold off.

I'm not even sure I want donations. I don't mind donating to the team for give aways and such, but taking donations for something I have here in my home is not something I want to get into. Although I have nothing but the best intentions for the team, I'm afraid getting into some problem similar to OC UK.

Yah, TC, you are right. We tried to set up a group monster over at the folding forum this summer and for several reasons it died in committee.

Farms, get around the problems with nothing to debate. Thanks to a sweetheart deal one of the folders found, we will have 80 new procs online in a week or two.

DDR-PIII said:
What's this stompmonster i've heard so much about ? what are it's specs ?

The stompmonster I am aware of is a folding farm that OCUK is running. The last I heard, they had 14 mobos running and they were paying for the electricity by renting it out to thier members.

How they got past the problems we had, I do not know...

Hi guys,

some facts (as I know them) to keep you on the straight and narrow.

The stompmonster at OcUK is currently off line due to problems getting it insured at the current location.

The electrisity, running costs, infrastructure (rack, leads, hubs etc.) and OS licences were paid for by the founder of the team and owner of OcUK spie.

The Shares go towards the cost of new layers for the monster not the running costs.

Cheers all

Happytechie.

DON'T BE FOOLED I AM OZLO ON JIGPU's COMPUTER AND I FORGOT TO LOG HIM OUT

ozzlo

If i bought wu from tc i woulden't care what he did with the money

If i pay for a product i am happy if i receive the product and i don't care what happens the the money cause it's not my money anymore.

in otherwords...

I PURCHASE WU instead of donating money for wu then i have no say what happens to the money.

Thus the the stompmonster can happily crunch away without having any problems....

My idea is probbly going to get shot down because i included the word (pruchase).

Oh well in five years i'll have my own stompmonster (just gotta get a job):D

Like I said I have no problem with people paying for some crunching time. If I make this thing much larger it would be nice to have a little cash cover the electric bill as well as going to the team. Some people don't like the idea of letting people buy crunching time, but I think this is one way for people to add to the team and boost their account, without having to lay down the big bucks for their own basement full of computers.

JigPu said:
DON'T BE FOOLED I AM OZLO ON JIGPU's COMPUTER AND I FORGOT TO LOG HIM OUT

ozzlo

SORRY BOUT THAT ONE GUESS USIN SOMEONE ELSES COMPUTER HAS ITS DISADVANTAGES

and yes i just talked to jigpu about posting as him and he don't care

Back