• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

country_3030

I am thinking about upgrading my motherboard and proccessor. I want an athlon XP 1800+ or 2200+. I know the proccessor i want but what is the best motherboard for it? I am looking at a Soyo KT400 Dragon.

First, try in the amd motherboard forums, lots of good info over there. As for motherboards take a look and the new nvidia nforce 2 chipset coming out sometime soon. It has alot of great features. Dual DDR, which allows you to double you memory bandwith, very cool. Also has hypertransport and agp 8x and you can change the bus of the agp, ram, and proccesor indepently of each other. Abit has the specs up of their nforce 2 board up. I would reccomend the abit but wait to see how each board preforms.

For cpu's look at the new amd 2400+ xp coming out. It is already unlocked so you can change the multipliers with out doing any mods to the chip and already is building a good rep as and overclocker. Hope this helps.

good luck,
Kent

Back