• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moving your rig and setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krelian

Registered
Does anyone use quick disconnect fittings or valves to disassemble and move their rig/water system?

I'm planning on building a closed-loop system, but I want to be able to move it fairly easily without making a huge mess. How does everyone do it here?

I use 1/2inch Quick dissonnects from cambell hausfeld (spl?) and they work GREAT no leals EVER........ i just use a resivor so why i turn the pump of, the 12inch tubing thats between the block and the disconnect drain into it~ then i can disconnect it without makin a mess~
Spyder

I use a closed loop system, no res, and it is air tight. I can move it, turn it upside down whatever.

Spyder: Where'd you get those quick disconnects? I've checked campbellfittings.com, but I can't seem to figure out which part I need. I don't quite understand the lingo.

CrackPot: Do you use some kind of shutoff valve in conjunction with these quick disconnects, or do you just plug them as fast at you can to minimize spillage?

Edit: Nevermind, I was looking in the wrong section. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
As far as I gather from the both usplastic.com and colder.com, yes. You can get both pieces, the insert and the coupling body, with internal shutoff valves.

Very handy for those of us keeping our systems external. :cool:

There are three types of quick-disconnects, double shutoff, single shutoff, and straight through each which is self-explanitory. I chose the straight through version since it doesn't restrict water as much as the ones with valves.

I use some big ball valves from the hardware stor (about $3 each). I made some mounting brackets for the outside of the case. If i ever want to take my rig somewhere i can leave my res at home and use a bucket :)

Back