• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We the undersigned

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Really great show of support from the folders! :) I hope we are able to repay this effort if there is downtime between S@H and S@H2. :)

Cy

Thanks, guys.

I'll probably be repaying the favor soon, since SETI seems to be slowly inching its way down the crapper. SETI 2 is just getting farther and farther away. :(

Could we get a FAQ going on what we need to do this?

I found the sticky with the 44 steps to a perfect instalation. However, I do not see a few things that would really get this thing going.

1. What is the one thing I need to download?

2. How do I set it up?

3. What is the team designation?

4. What is the account name?

5. How do I make this happen?

You guys know how to do this so if I am missing something, feel free to answer a question that I am not asking.

tks a LOT guys and gals!!! you sure could count on all my fishy to be folding as soon as seti@home1 phrase out and seti@home2 haven't start!! ;)

tks again!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer:

Well get you back...OCSETI is folding for ya now and will until SETI2 comes out. Its not much now but in a couple months well ge you guys back in a big way. THANKS :D :D :beer:

I'll be crunching for you guys over the weekend 2 but like malpine said anybody that can give us that information would be of great help.

Unlike Folding anybody that wants to run Seti for a team must first create an individual account. This is done by downloading any version of the client (gui or console) and running the client. It will ask you for all necessary info the first time you run it. After you have created an account you will need to wait on Berkeley to email you a password. This is generated by them and cannot be changed. Once you have the password you can visit the following page and click on join. You will be asked for your account info that you provided when you first ran the client, plus the password they emailed you. After you have joined the team you simply keep running the client as usual. Every work unit your account completes will be added to your personal account, as well as the team total.

Join Team:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=94265

Download Console Version (i386 winnt for windows or i686 for linux)

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/unix.html

Thanks for that TC.

Creating an account sounds easy enough but how do I get my software running on the group account? Also, why should I give you my password?

You do not have to give "us" your password you just have to use it to join the team. :)

Cy

Thanks guys. As several SETI people before me said: I owe you one. You can count on me for folding help when you need it (or when SETI goes on sabatical).

Go to this thread to get all the necessary software to crunch. The is also a very detail instruction set of how to setup all the three programs working.

When you reach 13th step
In the DOS window, enter "1" or "2" (depending on your status)
* Type 1 to indicate new user.
* You'll be prompted for a valid e-mail address.
* You'll be prompted for a nickname, You can choose anyone of your liking, as SETI users are identified by e-mail not nickname."
You have to decide if you are crunching in your name, you need to create an account. This can be done just feeding a valid e-mail address and a nickname. Afterwards, just go to the link TC posted before and click in "get password". This will produce an automatic e-mail to be sent to the e-mail you typed before. When you received your password go to "join" link and join Overclockers.com Team. To join you need to feed your e-mail and your password.

If you are going to crunch in a communal account, select the 2nd option in the DOS box and type the e-mail of the account and your seted up. :D

THKS to all the folding members to help us in out time of need. As many other have said before we are in your debt.

No wonder you guys have built such a strong team... You're PR geniouses! Thanks for the support! Now I'm gonna see if I can teach my computers how to do that filding...felding...errr... folding thing. ;)

Malpine Walis said:
Thanks for that TC.

Creating an account sounds easy enough but how do I get my software running on the group account? Also, why should I give you my password?
You don't give us your password - you use the password to join the team. Once you have joined the team the work units you process are added to the team. You don't configure the software to crunch for the team. It's not like Folding where you specify team 32. You just run the program and the work units are credited to to your account, and if you joined a team the team also gets credit.

Well, for pretty up to date stats, you can go to http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/individual.html and type in the e-mail addy of your account (or whatever account you want to monitor). It'll bring you to a page with all the stats that SETISpy has on it's user info page.

So, for your folding account statistics, simply go to http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/[email protected]&cmd=user_stats_new for the latest stats!

Speaking of that... Did we include the SETISpy user info bug fix in the instructions?
JigPu

I assume the console version crunches faster than the gui version?

Your credit:
Name (and URL) clboertien
Results Received 10
Total CPU Time 138 hr 49 min
Average CPU Time per work unit 13 hr 52 min 56.9 sec
Average results received per day 0.03
Last result returned: Wed Dec 19 18:24:34 2001 UTC
Registered on: Fri Dec 7 07:46:42 2001 UTC
View Registration Class
SETI@home user for: 7553 hr 42 min
Your group info:
You belong to the group named: Overclockers.com Seti Team
You are not currently the founder of any teams.

Your rank: (based on current workunits received)

Your rank out of 4032171 total users is: 1564846th place.
The number of users who have this rank: 43321
You have completed more work units than 60.117% of our users.

btw, thanks JigPu!

When the graphical version is totaly tweaked (ran that way for about 350WUs), it is about 20-30% slower then the command line (CLC) version.

But the graphical version is so much more addicting.... Might cause a few folders to jump ship! (...OK... but I had to try! :D)
JigPu

Back