• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We the undersigned

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Malpine Walis said:
So what I need is just the main Seti program and the email address and I can cruch for that account w/o a password? Can it be that simple?

Actually if all contributors from the folding team are going to use the same account all you need is the email address that the WU's will be uploaded under.

To set up SETI@home on your computer(s) go here and scroll down to 'How to set up SETI Command Line'

or just save this to a folder and run the exe...it'll extract a few files to that folder and begin running.

If you are folding under the same account I'm going to fold under, select #2 to the first question....and enter [email protected] for the email addy.

If you want to see a progress bar or something, unzip this to the seti folder then run the exe

Here is an Information Site

This is a site which I am presuming is something similar to the "statsman site" that you might frequent for your folding info. If you enter the username of the account you are crunching under in the white box and hit enter it figures your overtaking rate.

http://www.setiatwork.com/cgi-bin/wkystat.pl?group=Overclockers.com+Seti+Team

Also, THANKS to all our Folding Brothers and Sisters for this show of solidarity, I owe the Folding Team BIG TIME!

SkyHook

BTW - I should have added this site updates hourly.

If SETI runs out of funding, those other folding teams better watch out! If we put both of the DC teams together, we could kick some serious butt!:D

Malpine Walis said:
So what I need is just the main Seti program and the email address and I can cruch for that account w/o a password? Can it be that simple?
Yes - the password is only required to edit the account. Anybody can crunch for one person given the email address.

Greg M said:
If SETI runs out of funding, those other folding teams better watch out! If we put both of the DC teams together, we could kick some serious butt!:D
That would seriously be awesome. Given both of our teams are among the top separately - combined, whew!

Back