• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We the undersigned

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solidsnakexix

In light of the fact that the OC seti team has had a run of bad luck. Some of the members of OC folding team would like to help. We have decided to dedicate 24 hours to seti. We are offering to use a once dead account (Cluster's). We hope to have enough eople on this account that it will boost very quickly. We Will start one night and boost the account, it will boost you in the stats, as well as allow us to show that we are willing to help our fellow OC.com members. On behalf of the members of the ocfolding team dont worry hard times come and go, and we are willing to help in anyway possible.

-solidsnakexix, and the rest of the folding members who are willing to join. Special thanks to Shadow for organizing this "seti Drive"

Always glad to help guys, you have come through to help us before and when shadow suggested it i figured i would be glad to help and im sure most feel the same way.

-solidsnakexix

Wow - very cool indeed. Just for that I may have to see how well my P4 folds :)

Thank you folders! That's so sweet of you, I think I'm gonna cry. You can count on us, at least me, to fold whenever you guys are in a pinch. We will be folding when SETI-1 ends, and if SETI-2 isn't up and available.

[tear in eye] You guys are somthin' [/tear in eye]

Put me on your list of "IOUs". I could probably spit out a few proteins with my farm for a day or so.

Thank's guys!

FRANK

William said:
hmm, 1.6ghz P4 lappy crunching, we shall see how this works out, no guarantees.

I don't know about a P4 laptop and folding, but the "Desknote" with an XP1600 @ 1.4 I just put together is averaging 4.0hrs flat per WU crunching SETI.

Oh, and with the XP, it REALLY keeps my lap warm!

FRANK

I'll crunch with the dual AMD 1900 for a few days.

off to download SETI

Hope they have a Linux client....

awesome guys! :D
I'll be sure to return the favor when u guys need it and durning S@H downtime :beer:

Wow, that's really great of you guys.
As I've said before in other threads, if SETI comes to an end, or there is a gap between the end of the current project and the start of the next, you guys will have my help, and I'm not the only one who's planning that.

Count me in with my XP 1700@1727.

Also my laptop IF and only IF someone can tell me if that is safe (I do fold on it). ;-) That would bring me to 2.4Ghz.

FRANK said:

I don't know about a P4 laptop and folding, but the "Desknote" with an XP1600 @ 1.4 I just put together is averaging 4.0hrs flat per WU crunching SETI.

Oh, and with the XP, it REALLY keeps my lap warm!

FRANK

Looks like it going to come in at about 5 hours a unit right now, but thats with MP3s, IRC, and explorer. Should tank when I take this stuff down. Going to bench is tomorrow I think and go for the lappy record. :).

Malpine Walis said:
Count me in with my XP 1700@1727.

Also my laptop IF and only IF someone can tell me if that is safe (I do fold on it). ;-) That would bring me to 2.4Ghz.

Mine seems to be running fine(haven't folded on it, thats going to change though). PCMCI slots empty, batteries out, and two books on the edge propping it up. Nothing feels abnormally hot at all.

Back