• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does the Soyo Kt 400 perform

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

country_3030

I am looking for a new mb and thought the Soyo Kt400 looked good as long as you use DDR333 instead of DDR400. What do you think is the best amd mother board?

I have had mine up and running or a few weeks now and am very happy with it. I had an Epox 8k5a3+ and like this MB much better, the Epox had issues running in 333 with 2 sticks of ram. I am currently running in 333 mode as it seems the bios isn't yet optimized for 400 mode. Even in 333 mode it is faster than my Epox was.

This board also seems to OC better than previous Soyo boards and has more options than I have ever seen in a bios. I am currently running at 11.5 x 165 and it is very fast and stable at this setting. I am going to try and see if it can hit 170 today.

My soyo Kt 400 isn't much fun to OC, the Vcore only goes to 1.85 and the 1/6 PCI divider is useless cause it doesn't work.
no matter what I set it to, if the pci divider is set to 1/6 it fails to post.

even if I do 5x200 at 1/6 it still fails.
basically I don't even think the 1/6 divider works.

I am thinking of getting an Asus A7v8X
it has all the same features, and an overvolt jumper.

I got my Soyo Kt-400 on september 18.
it's fine and and stable and all.
just not much fun to overclock.
it doesn't have enough Vcore, and the 1/6 divider is a phantom feature.

justa few words on soyo....I had many problems with their boards...yes it was stable...but i had to trash it becasue it wouldn't overclock more than maybe a tiny bit, the teperature didn't work, voltage were weak, it was slow...in my opion you buy Asus...and get high quality stuff A7V8X should satisfy your needs.

Back