• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Announcement! (And poll)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What do you think ? :)

• AYE!

Votes: 50 87.7%
  • Nay!

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Abstain from comment...

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

SpeeDj

Team Annoucement!

In order to help open the lines of communication, provide input on team issues and keep the work load reasonable on any one individual a Team Advisory Council is proposed. The founding members of this council seek the general approval of the Overclockers.com SETI Team. The Team Council will include the following members:

TC – Tim Cole - [email protected]
SpeeDj – Jeremy Paasch - [email protected]
rogerdugans – Doug Getgood - [email protected]
Skyhook– Ron Keller - [email protected]
Frank – Frank Wilson - [email protected]
Cyklopz – Chris Perry - [email protected]

This Team Council is asking for a vote of confidence from the team membership. This council is to be operated “of the team, for the team.” Each member will be accessible for questions, comments and ideas and will continue to participate with the team in the forums, on the web pages and in the IRC channel(s).

Please cast your vote in the above poll and/or make comments in this thread.

Thank you.

delete/edit: While I voted in the affirmative, I'd like to hear from those mentioned. Just to make sure this is all being done above board and out in the open.

*mumbles something about too much to drink and being wishy-washy*

Last edited:
Just One Word

KenCo,
Just to address your or anyone else's concern, not only was this discussed and agreed upon, it was unanimously agreed that the very first order of business had to be bringing this before the members of the team.

This is the dawning of a new chapter in the history of Overclockers.com Seti Team, and everyone is totally committed to it succeeding for everyone's benefit.

Respectfully,
SkyHook

What SkyHook said:D

And we also wanted to stress
This council is to be operated “of the team, for the team.” Each member will be accessible for questions, comments and ideas and will continue to participate with the team in the forums, on the web pages and in the IRC channel(s).

That's why our email addresses are included: get in touch with us any way you can if you need to;)

Yes, either the advisory council has the confidence of the team or we will try to find a new solution. :) Everyone please vote your conscience and make any comments you feel are appropriate to this discussion.

Cy

Re: Just One Word

SkyHook said:
KenCo,
Just to address your or anyone else's concern, not only was this discussed and agreed upon, it was unanimously agreed that the very first order of business had to be bringing this before the members of the team.

This is the dawning of a new chapter in the history of Overclockers.com Seti Team, and everyone is totally committed to it succeeding for everyone's benefit.

Respectfully,
SkyHook

Phew! *wipes forehead*

Thanks Skyhook! I was sinking into my own little he!! of doubts and misgivings! I'm swearing of drinking for a few minutes! ;)

No Doubts - No Misgivings

That can all be put to rest and fall away behind us like yesterday's stale bread. The six of us have made a firm committment to this TEAM.

SkyHook

Yup as posted above this thread was unaminously agreed upon by all of us, as also stated which is why our e-mails have been included to put any fears of any other notions to rest. We are seeking your approval on this decision.

J :cool:

voiced my comments, but would also like a thread/post about the discussions that were had "behind the scenes" to know where everyone involved stands.

Digital

P.S. 6 Stars WOO HOO!!

Given "AYE" since the aims seem laudable.
But frankly I don't like a team with a first and second division membership. It should be clear they are first speakers in a team
where anyone has crunched a single WU has the same rights
of everyone else.

Digital Pimp said:
voiced my comments, but would also like a thread/post about the discussions that were had "behind the scenes" to know where everyone involved stands.

Digital

P.S. 6 Stars WOO HOO!!
That's in the works and it will be announced by Shadow.

Seems that we are not dividing the membership. It's only that all proposal will be sorted first by this commitee and then if it impose some kind of change to the team we all will have a say in it.

This will leave only the important decisions to the team as a whole, while leaving the day to day work in the hands of this good people. (well at least is what I think how this works).

Back