• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Announcement! (And poll)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What do you think ? :)

• AYE!

Votes: 50 87.7%
  • Nay!

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Abstain from comment...

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Mictlan said:
Seems that we are not dividing the membership. It's only that all proposal will be sorted first by this commitee and then if it impose some kind of change to the team we all will have a say in it.

This will leave only the important decisions to the team as a whole, while leaving the day to day work in the hands of this good people. (well at least is what I think how this works).
That's exactly the theory here :)

J :cool:

I concur with J completely.

Lorixnt2 said:
Given "AYE" since the aims seem laudable.
But frankly I don't like a team with a first and second division membership. It should be clear they are first speakers in a team
where anyone has crunched a single WU has the same rights
of everyone else.

To address your concerns directly, Lorixnt2, I feel exactly the same way.

It doesn't matter to me if someone has crunched 200,000 wu (although that would be nice ;)) or 2: they have exactly the same rights and voice on the team.

The way I look at the Seti Council (;)) is this-

We work for YOU.

If we mess something up, tell us.
If you think we can make improvements in some area, tell us.
If you have a new idea, tell us.

We aren't trying to "run the team", we want to make it easier for the team to run itself.

At least that is how I see the role of the council.

Great job guys...

[/pull head out of @$$ mode]

If I can help in any way, I would be honored to assist. If not, I certainly understand.

Crunch On!!!

I have only been on this team for about a month.

But I voted yes.

Yes indeed...

My first reply to this thread.

I'd first like to thank the members for the vote of confidence to me as well as the other members of this committee. I can assure all that I will only look out for the best interests of the team. I'm sure that the other members are of the same attitude.

I'd like to extend a special thanks to Shadow ÒÓ for his intervention and help in setting up this committee. His efforts are very much appreciated especially considering his responsibilities in his role as administrator.

Also another special thanks to the members of the folding team. Team 32 could very well have sat back and watched as some members abandoned the SETI project and then recruited them to their team, rather they stepped up to the plate and helped.

Thank You!

FRANK

I go away for a few days and it looks you guys have sorted yourselves out. Good to see.

I'm back and crunching again under "RED Hot Machine".

Admiral Fraser and SpeeDJ you have better check those read view mirrors as I'm after you :)

Morpheus said:
Great job guys...

[/pull head out of @$$ mode]

If I can help in any way, I would be honored to assist. If not, I certainly understand.

Crunch On!!!

Great to see you posting around here again Kris.

lonewolf1983 said:
couldnt have picked the leaders any better....
consider my vote a strong one, id follow that bunch of guys anywhere!

Go team :burn:

I agree 110% with you there Lonewolf1983.

DeltaSierra said:
I voted yes, but my suggestion: Jon should be on the board of directors also (both SETI moderators). Just my $0.02

I like that Idea aswell, anyone else have any thoughts on this ?

Well it is good to see everyone talking to each other. Glad to be back and crunching again.

Crunch on all.

Andy

Last edited:
Back