• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help for the slow...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooohaa2

Registered
Maybe I am stupid, but I have not been able to figure out how to join the OC SETI team. I have a few rigs which have crunched about 230 WUs in the past couple months under BS. I am running the CL client, I set it up with the instructions on the stickies. I see the sticky about the SETI server queues, but I am unsure of what to do. Do you join OC SETI by downloading from your servers, or are you just compiling results? Sorry, I have looked through the forums about this, just haven't been able to figure it out. A little help for the slow would be much appreciated!

No problem, I for one think the sticky is a little overwhelming for the newbie who just wants the basics. Okay so you have already been crunching right? Do you remember the email address you gave Berkeley when you first started crunching? You need that and the password they should have emailed you shortly after signing up. When you have those two pieces of info handy just visit this page: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=94265 You fill in the form with that email and password. Once that's done you have added your account to our team. After that you run the client just like you always have. The units you complete get added to the team. Downloading work units from members of our team that have Seti Queue servers setup does not in iteself make you a member of the team. These are just setup for convenience for those that don't have always on broadband connections, or for those times when the main Berkeley server is down. These public servers allow you to build of a supply of work units aka cache, rather than downloading one unit at a time. You don't need to use these servers to be part of the team, nor will using them alone make you part of the team. In order to be on the team you MUST vist the aforementioned page and fill out the form.

welcome to the team...just a note about the the SETI password : it is set by SETI not you and its just a bunch of numbers so you'll probly have to get them to send it since pretty much everybody forgets it. Then I recommend saving it as a text file in your SETI folder so it wont get lost.

Thanks so much, yeah, I actually got a password last week so I could check out my stats on the Berkeley SETI site. I made it more complicated than it had to be, lol, I thought I would have to modify the program...

ok, now does this mean that I bring my 230 completed WU's with me to the team, or that the team only gets credit for WU's crunched from here on out?

lol, thanks for the welcome.... I might be able to get a few more rigs crunching, we shall see.

hooohaa2 said:
lol, thanks for the welcome.... I might be able to get a few more rigs crunching, we shall see.
Welcome to the team. Looks like we might have a new farmer:cool: :D

Here ya go :beer: (On the house):D

Back