• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burner and dvd rom drive question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Auri87

im not 100% clear on this but i heard that if u have 2 drives you your computer you should set the burner to master and the other ones to slave or u will encounter problems when u burn stuff. Is this true?, if so what kind of stuff would happen and if i set my dvd rom drive to slave what kind of options will i be missing out on?

thanks in advance
Auri87

My burner doesn't function at all if I don't set it to Master. And it makes sure I never forget this by not working for a good 20 or so boots after I set the jumper back to Master. *** damn piece of ****. :mad:

I'd set the burner to Master just out of habit, and the DVD-ROM to slave. Don't put either drive on the same channel as the HDD, if you're gonna be ripping DVDs or burning stuff often.

My burner is a slave to my DVD drive and i have never had any trouble at all. I have had it like this for years. I guess it is all down to the burner/dvd/who knows what.

well right now all i have is my dvd rom drive and its set to master. what changes will i notice if i change it to slave when my burner is inside as master?

Back