• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clear Case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Iv seen lots of people that have done it. It can look really cool, it can look not so cool, depends on how good of a job you do. Personally i like my case with a window, a clear case doesnt give you any place to hide your wires and stuff, whereas in mine i can stuff em all back where you cant see:)

I am planing on getting round ide cables. As to the psu cables I have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestion.

I've read that not a single clear case is UL listed because none are made of the necessary special fire resistant plastic. Tom's Hardware CPU test and stories of power supplies giving off flames convinced me to avoid regular acrylic and lexan, but where can you get the special fire resistant plastic? I've asked but came up empty.

larrymoencurly said:
I've read that not a single clear case is UL listed because none are made of the necessary special fire resistant plastic. Tom's Hardware CPU test and stories of power supplies giving off flames convinced me to avoid regular acrylic and lexan, but where can you get the special fire resistant plastic? I've asked but came up empty.

Lexan Polycarbonate is heat resistant to 245 degrees, at which point it will bend.

Polycarbonate is not toxic and non-combustable.

On the other hand, Acrylic is both toxic and combustable. It's only saving grace is it's superior scratch resistance and heat-molding properties.

Here's the Clear Case I built myself.
1_ingram1.jpg

If you need any help laying out your case design or sourcing materials, just give me a PM and we can get started.

Back