• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 19" LCD on the market

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acesea

Hey guys. Heres the deal, money is of no matter for my new system and i was opting to get a nec-mitsubishi 22" 2060u crt (20" visible). From hours of research this was the end all be all top of the line 22" crt one could buy for gaming and then some. However it is HUGE and freakin HEAVY! Nonetheless, quality is unreal.

However, i took a peak at some of the new lcd's that have been slowly rolling out from top manufacturers and to say the least, i am a bit intrigued. After spending more countless hours reading reviews and so on I have come to realize that many lcds are getting VERY close to crt quality. There is no doubt that still pictures and text on high end lcds will look ten fold better than crts, even maybe that 2060u, however, as we all know, response time... theres ghosting and streaking. But, from what ive read, many of the new top of the line lcds have improved response time to such a point that many say there is no noticeability of streaking.

Anyway, from what I have read and found so far Ive gotten very interested in:

Samsung Syncmaster 191t
Viewsonic VG900b
Viewsonic VX900

Total response time on all these monitors is listed being under 25ms. They are all competitively priced at around 800-900usd at the moment (the 2060u is just under 800). I think i will probably be getting the 191t, it is SO freakin nice as far as specs & design. The outer bezel is tiny, it looks way high tech and neat.

As far as gaming is concerned, what do you guys think? Anyone know of the new ffd (feed forward driving) technology that is soon to be implemented into lcds to make response times way lower? Anyone have there own opinions on any of these monitors? Anything to wait for in the future? Thanks a lot guys. So will it be lcd or crt?

I have seen the T series Samsungs in gaming action; they are excellent! However, I haven't been even close to seeing a Viewsonic LCD here locally, so I cannont comment on them :(

Yea, im definately gonna make use of the digital input. So you say youve seen the samsung ***t models in action? Can you elaborate on it. From all the reviews ive read so far, they all made the monitors sound so perfect that I need a fellow overclocker to tell me what he really thinks :) How close were you to the monitor, any ghosting or streaking? Did you watch a game being played? Thanks a lot for any help.

Back