• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Crashed!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
i am forced to type this on my old 133...

my computer crashed...it started, went through POST, then when it goes to the hard drives reboots...i swapped PS's...same thing...reset the CMOS battery with jumper...hard drives disappeared...now i cannot get them to come back...they were there when it kept restarting, because i could get into settings and stay for as long as i wanted...just couldn't boot...ne1 know what happened? anyone know any fixes? i have unplugged everything and even gone to just one hard drive...didn't work

the motherboard is what is in my sig...HELP!!!:mad: :( :(

Having reset the cmos have you set the bios up again? i.e. have you set ide recognition? If you have ste the bios up again exactly like it was before and its the same then try booting with a boot disk and then try accessing the drives from there. If you get error mesages then the drives may have been corrupted or the controller has gone. Before re-installing you may may want to try another drive and do a fdisk and format.

You haven't answered the question - have you set the bios up again exactly like it was before?

Back