• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

French Twister Bong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
actually that huge one sucks, at idle with no heat going into it, its around 10 to 12c above room temp. and that is why, it doesnt have an evaporation chamber if you saw his first twister bong, the one that is 5ft 10 inches, with a 8inch twister and 4inch tube linking it to the rez, that one performed great! and it had the evap chamber

In a bong, you need to let air into the bottom chamber, and pass out of the top. This will cool your water below room temp.
I changed MaskedGeeks concept drawing to show how you may change your design to let air into the bottom and out of the top. (Thanks for the use of the drawing, sir!).
If you add those pvc parts, you can let air in, but water won't easily come out because of the upward curve. The fan blows the air out of the top.
Dans un bong, vous avez besoin laissez l'air dans la chambre inférieure, et passez hors du dessus. Ceci refroidira votre eau au-dessous de la température ambiante. J'ai changé le schéma de concept de MaskedGeeks en exposition comment vous pouvez changer votre conception avez laissé l'air dans le fond et hors du dessus. (mercis pour l'usage du schéma, de monsieur!). Si vous ajoutez ces pièces de PVC, vous pouvez laisser l'air dedans, mais l'eau ne sortira pas facilement en raison de la courbe ascendante. Le ventilateur souffle l'air hors du dessus.
Ala Google

actually as pepsi put it, air sucks in the center and is pushed out the outsides of it, im not sure about this, i really dont know but if thats true, the intakes and the fan are unnecessary,
and the reason i see this working is that his early design with the large evaporation chamber worked really good fanless

Yeah, but to look at that picture posted above of his "best yet", he's got two pumps supporting a vortex 3 times taller than poisonkiller's (and he was using washing machine pumps over 1,000gph) With that much surface area on the move downward, there's going to be alot more air moving in pepsi's. The only way to match it would be to equal his pumps, or add outside air.
The vortex is the fan in pepsi's.

actually im talking about a previous one, that worked fanless
also this one pictured above of pepsis sucks, he threw like a 400cfm blower on it and it still wouldnt cool worth crap...
when i try this, im gonna leave the option of putting a fan on it. but having it blow in would work better because of air turblience vs air flow

why is everyone so obsessed with the twister bongs? ok they look kinda cool, but wouldn't the sound get annoying? and you have to refill them often due to evaporation...and they take up alot of space......is it really worth it?

i mean, try explaining to someone, why you spend so much money for acrylic pipe and a washing machine pump, just so you can cool your computer a little. I mean, i get better temps with my system and it cost me next to nothing. also, i can put my case on top of my cooling setup so it doesnt take up any mroe space than the computer normally would.

just my opinion.

thats not how it goes, pepsi got a little crazy on this but you can do it with a 300-400gph pump and like 30 dollars of acrylic.... and make it decent sized, those twisters that pepsi made were a little overdone
and yes, people are getting obsessive

Bonjour poisonkiller, je parle tres bien francais et anglais alors je vais essayer de t'expliquer ce que maskedgeek et Diggrr on dit.

Le probleme avec ton bong c'est qu'il n'y a pas d'air entre le "twister" et le reservoir. Ce qui fait que le bong refroidit l'eau en dessous de la temperature embiante c'est qu'une partie de l'eau s'evapore.

Il faut donc que tu laisse un endroit pour qu'il y ait de l'air entre le "twister" et le reservoir. Cet endroit s'appelle la chambre d'evaporation. De plus, il faut que tu trouve une facon de laisser l'air s'echaper de la chambre d'evaporation sinon l'air a l'interieur va devenir sature en humidite et il n'y aura plus d'evaporation.

J'espere que ca t'aide un peu.

Okay thanks for all

i try to put a deeper funnel to start with a more little hole on the center...

after it if it doesn't work i put a tube below the funnel to put air easely

thanks for all
and if you see something other you can explain to me

and why i am obsesse it because i try to modify pepsi concept
i don't use water from the bong to cool my computer but i use it to cool a radiator inside the bong ...

dj_unforgetable said:
me from canada....

vous voyez cet anneau environ 3/4 de la manière en bas du twister? c'est une plateforme de plexiglass avec un trou au milieu, le secteur au-dessous du ce est-il la chambre d'évaporation que l'eau est refroidie pendant que l'air se précipite par le twister, et pendant que l'eau tombe du trou ceci l'expliquent mieux?

well actually i just used altavista, lol

tsk tsk, horrible translation :beer:

because of physics, twisters can't beat traditionnal bongs (or else all the nuclear plants would have twisters in place of evaporative towers ;-).

Twisters are just fun to watch and a joy/pain to make.

If you would like to improve on your water-cooling , (as you wanted to have the twister cool a radiator inside the true bong), you would have to go into water-cooler instead (placing the water reservoir inside a fridge).

=======
En raison de la physique, un twister ne peut pas battre un bong (sinon les centrales nucleaires auraient des twisters au lieu d'avoir des tours de refroissement ;-)

les twisters sont just marrant a regarder et un vrai plaisir/chiatique a faire

Si tu veux ameliorer to systeme de refroissiement par eau (comme tu veux refroidir unradiateur place dans ton bong primaire, tu devrais plutot aller vers un system d'eau refroidie (en placant le reservoir dans un frigo).

les twisters sont just marrant a regarder et un vrai plaisir/chiatique a faire
Twisters are just fun to watch and a joy/pain to make

i like that

okay i make some modification on my bong :

- i put the pump out from water
- i put a air input below the funnel on the side of the bong
- i put an extract fan on the top of the bong

and i put the bong on lmy bedroom with 23.2°C of air temperature

and for the moment the water was at 21.3°C

can someone help me more than that???????????

Can you make a drawing of the bong to show what the insides look like? Somewhat like what maskedgeek did earlier.

I suspect that your current bong doesn't have enough height to it, so the falling water doesn't have time to evaporate further, without using a showerhead.

Sorry for the bad translation, but I don't speak french (at least not what's repeatable here).

Pouvez-vous faire un schéma du bong pour montrer à ce que ressemblent les intérieurs? Légèrement comme ce que le maskedgeek plus tôt. Je suspecte que votre bong courant n'ait pas assez de taille à lui, ainsi l'eau en chute n'a pas le temps pour s'évaporer plus loin, sans employer un showerhead. Désolé pour la mauvaise traduction, mais moi ne parlez pas français (au moins pas ce qui est qu'on peut répéter ici).

bongdrawing.JPG

That's the idea, however generally the opening at the bottom of the water funnel isn't big enough to allow much air to flow (with "normal" fans anyway)

I would suggest another opening in the "spray chamber" so that the air can pass horozontaly through the conical "spray" that the twister creates.

Think of how a "normal" bong is set up with a shower head at the top, then think of the top part of the twister as the shower head.

Back