• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K5a2+ IDE Set Up Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tome8689

Registered
Building my 1st comp and having a problem with the IDE set up. I plugged the hard drive in IDE 1...no problem it regognized it as the master on IDE1...i don't understand how to load the cdrw and
cd rom dive...I know that there is still IDE2,IDE3 and IDE4 availalable...I want to make CDRW-master and plug the slave end of that cord into my cd rom...can't get it to work at all....IDE3 and IDE4 were set to RAID so in the bios i set them to SCSI...everything is set to auto detect...still no luck..doesn't recognize them...changed the jumpers on the cd equip to correspond to their slave/ master assignment...i'm real new to all this so please forgive me, but am i missing something...thanks

Pinky...don't know what you're getting at...i just can't get the cd and cdrw to run...if i set them in the secondary master IDE the hard drive freezes....i set the jumper so thats not it...i set the hard drive in the secondary master and the board recognizes it there..got the feeling its something in the bios but don't know where..

i have the same board

ide 1 is for 2 hdd's
ide 2 is for 2 cd's

3and4 are for RAID...

sometimes taking the jumper completely sets it to cable select.. and it might work that way as well

Ottoman...i set the hdd to ide1 and then put the cdrw to ide2 and it locks the hd up and won't load....i changed the jumper on the cdrw to slave then to master then to cable select and it still does the same thing....should i disable the raid all together since i'm not using it....this thing is really frustrating me....:mad:

Back