• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splash back

Registered
a little help needed, my mobo dosent have an agp graphics slot and the onboard graphics are a bit dodgy (sometimes it starts sometimes it dosent) well since christmas is coming up i wondered if any of you could point me in the direction of a relatively good monitor (that plugs in to my comp via USB) o and it HAS to be in the U.K.

thanks in advance

i have never heard of a Monitor that plugs into USB, but you could always get a PCI vid cad. Thats what i did when i didnt have an AGP slot. Then again, i did only have 2 PCI slots......

look for a used voodoo 5 5500 PCI, should be a huge improvement....or a voodoo 3 3000 pci....they make mx's that are PCI but there sometimes pricy

Just get like a Geforce 4 mx 420 for less then $100. Thats what I did when I only had PCI. Man Im glad those days are gone : )

You can get a PCI GeF2 MX from www.overclockers.co.uk for £76

www.dabs.com goes from: (all incusive of VAT)

Dabsvalue S3 Savage 8MB PCI for £12.33

Creative GeForce 2 MX 200 32MB PCI for £54.05

Hercules 3D Prophet Kyro 64MB PCI VO for £63.44

GeForce 4 Mx420 64MB PCI VO for £71.67

Or if you're feeling flush, the PNY Quadro 4 400NVS Quad 64MB PCI for a piffling £734.37.....:D

That's about it for PCI video cards. Any of them (bar the Savage!) will give you an increase in performance......

Or you could get an ATI Radeon 7200 PCI. It's got Hardware T & L.

Back