• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having some problems with my new system, please read...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

Ok... System specs are in sig. First thing I do when I put it all together is install win98. It installs ok, and everythings good. I go into windows and install video card drivers. It says restart computer so I do. Then the computer never restarts, or it was just taking a lil l;onger than normal, so I stick my head in case and smell. Hmm smells like burning. Turns out im just paranoid. After taking everything out and examining everything's fine. I put it all back together and boot up. Mess around in windows with display options... GO to higher res etc. Then computer turns off when i click "apply" to see how 1600x1200 looks like (never been that high heh). After that whenever I booted up,windows was giving me errors saying my hardware didnt fit the specifications for that resolution etc. I get into safe mode and it changed the normal mode windows to the lowest res and color (16 colors I believe). Even then at those settings im gettin video adapter errors. I couldnt get into normal mode to go to dos so I just reistall windows without formatting. I get it, its like before. I end up doing the same things, but this time installing the mobo drivers first. Same stuff happens, cant get back in,but this time when i boot up, before i even get into windows Im getting windows protection erors. At the moment im installing windows again just so i can get in once and go to dos to format HDD, thinking maybe a 100% fresh start and installing mobo drivers right away may help me. If anyone hasd any tips or ideas please oh please tell me. I asked one person and they said it was probably the motherboard, anything else it could be? Oh yeah, im running my agoi y 0213 xp1600 at 166fsb at 1/5 divider. Temps are in the 30's. Thanks in advance for any advice!

i get that protection error when i push my k62 450 too far. try installing at stock speeds and bump up the speed once you get everything installed. good luck :)

what monitor are you using

and when i reinstall my windows i always do a clean format, everything back to stock speed

i was getting a blue screen of death (in Win XP Pro) after i change my vid card a clean install with format solved everything out

Back