• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Millenium Glaciator Initial Findings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hrrmmmm...

Well, I'm glad I have one on the way..
However, I'm not sure just how often I'll want to move my new machine.
I don't want to have to carry the HSF seperately and/or have to give it a new coat of grease every now and then from moving it (and what a mess)

Does anyone have a heavy heatsink who moves their case moderately often? and if so, what do you do with the HSF during the move?

hrrmmmm...

Vryce (Jun 13, 2001 09:41 p.m.):
Well, I'm glad I have one on the way..
However, I'm not sure just how often I'll want to move my new machine.
I don't want to have to carry the HSF seperately and/or have to give it a new coat of grease every now and then from moving it (and what a mess)

Does anyone have a heavy heatsink who moves their case moderately often? and if so, what do you do with the HSF during the move?

I just got the heatsink today and the instructions say to remove the heatsink before moving the computer. In fact it says 3 times to make sure not to transport the machine after installation of the heatsink. Judging by how heavy it is I think it could probably do some serious damage to the MB if the case is jostled with the heatsink attached.

I think if you put the case on wheels and rolled it at just one level you would probably be ok.

here is a cure to the transport problem lay the sase on its right side and then pick it up. and make sure not to stand it up till you get where you are going just do it real slow like thats all

Back