• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

probably a stupid question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaptnBackfire87

ok my girlfriend was typing a report for her science project, she hadnt saved it and her computer froze and she had to restart, is there a way to get it back or is it hopeless? this maybe a stupid question, but it was like 5 or 6 pages and she really needs it, so any help would be appreciated

CaptnBackfire87 said:
ok my girlfriend was typing a report for her science project, she hadnt saved it and her computer froze and she had to restart, is there a way to get it back or is it hopeless? this maybe a stupid question, but it was like 5 or 6 pages and she really needs it, so any help would be appreciated

Was She using Microsoft Word? If so, and autosave was set to on then do a search for an .asd file.

If not then it's lost.

yeah if she was using MS Word than there is a chance of recovering the file, in office xp in such events when you start again it gives you option of recovering the file

btw regarding your topic see my sig :D

Back