• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about some fan specs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joey_rjm5

What does 12vdc, 24vdc, and 48vdc mean on a fan. I am gonna buy some fans to cool my caase but I want to make sure they are gonna be okay on my power supply.

You should get 12VDC fans. most computer power supplyes have 12V and 5V leads. all computer fans ive seen use 12V.

okay thanks that's all I needed to know. I appreciate the really quick response that's what makes this forum great.

p.s. If the fan doesn't have the connector on it how do i put one on the wire?

Beg, borrow, steal, or purchase some of those connectors with wires left in them and splice to the wires. I've been trying to get my boss to buy a Berg System crimper for making those connectors, but the $700 Newark wants for the crimping tool is outrageous. I have seen some 3 and 4 pin IDC style connectors with "punch-down" contacts, that definitely have promise. It pays to visit your local Electronics Surplus center and browse amongst the boxes and skid racks.

Hoot

Back