• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cannot Stand it any more!!1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No no, The picture is ture but I keep hearing all these articals on the ClawHammer and it is breaking me inside ahhhhhh!!!

Am I imagining things, or did that originally say you wanted a barton?

Cause I couldn't imagine why anyone would be excited about barton. Heck, I have one already (xp1600 @166*10.5)!!

oh man! what are those things? 'tubes' what the heck are they for?

Aopen has this crazy "tube sound" intgrated sound card that thay clame is the best sound there is.

BTW: there vaccume tubes. There like a very old transistor

It is a well known fact that vacuum tubes supposedly produce better sound than transistors---the music is supposed to sound warmer or something. I've never heard them in action so I can't vouch for them.

Ive heard a couple of my friends say like fender tube amps produce the best sound, but I dont know. Why hasnt creative implemented any tubes into their sound cards if its the best sound out there.

Im sure we will be waiting quite a while before we see them appearing a our local shops :(

Sound is an analog waveform. Digital amps (Class B switched) will always have a slight edginess to them when compared to vacuum tube amps (Class A analog). It really does sound better with tubes, although in most environments you will be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

subconcept said:
Why hasnt creative implemented any tubes into their sound cards if its the best sound out there.

DUH!!!!! THey're freakin' HUGE. And with PC speaker sets (excluding the $150+ sets) there's no way to tell a difference.

The real difference when using tubes is the amount of amplification you can draw from them. If you want to fill a stadium with rich sound, you'll notice a huge difference in the range quality when you use tubes.

Back