• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

256 Corsair XMS 3200 c2.5 or 512 Kingston 3200 cl 2.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skitZo`

Registered
Guys i really need help here.

Im really confused on getting one of those 2 ram sticks

If i buy the corsair xms 3200 i can only get 256 MB ram but if i go for the kingston ill get 512 MB ram.

And ive got only enuff cash to get either one so guys help me here.

btw gonna run either one of those sticks on the P4B533

Any suggestions?

:)

if your going to try to overclock go for the corsair, if your going to be doing things that need a lot of memory (video editing, photoshop, whatever) or just arent looking to overclock that much then get the kingston. if you want to do both, then save up and get a 512 stick of corsair :)

timothy100 said:
if your going to try to overclock go for the corsair, if your going to be doing things that need a lot of memory (video editing, photoshop, whatever) or just arent looking to overclock that much then get the kingston. if you want to do both, then save up and get a 512 stick of corsair :)

If you want it done a little faster, get CAS2

would 256x2 corsair put you out of your budget? IIRC 512 kingston isn't too far off from twice as much as 256 corsair, i could be wrong.

256mb pc3200 vs 512mb pc3200

the difference wouldn't be too much. the 512 will do 200mhz
at least so what more do you need?

get the 512, i went from 256 to 512 and it's very noticable if you
game or what not.

I`ll think i`ll go for the 256 corsair 3200 (2.5)because its worth $450 here for 1 stick and if i were to get the 512 corsair 3200 it would cost me nearly a thousand bucks(in malaysian ringgit) and thats way out of my budget and its way too expensive for just a ddr ram. The kingston 512 pc3200 costs only $555 here.Its cheaper than the corsair but i not really sure about its overclock ability. And I cant seem to find corsairs 3200 CL 2 here in malaysia and god knows how much would they cost here in malaysia. So I`ve decided to go for the 256 corsair 3200 cl2.5 and get another stick later on if i got the xtra cash.

Thanx Guys for helping me out here.

Back