• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some good shtuff.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

I am upgrading my computer and I set myself a budget and I still have $131 left! Here are my parts after I upgrade.
Modded Chieftec Case
EPoX 8K3A+
Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1800+
Albatron GeForce 4 Ti4200 Turbo
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM D740X
Antec 350W PSU
ThermalRight AX-7 w/ ASIII
Crucial 256MB PC2100
Hauppauge WinTV FM GO!
Linksys 10/100 NIC with Linksys Switch
Lite - On 48X CD-RW
Pioneer 16x DVD
4 Blue LED fans
1 Blue CC
1 UV Neon

I was thinking maybe a memory upgrade but to what? And some UV round cables and a UV fan for my cpu but it would have to be around 30db and 50cfm just like my current Ys-Tech. What else would you upgrade or buy something new?

Last edited:
What whooping_a_panda, I agree, dont go short with 512. With xp installed your probably using 40% of 512, I just put xp on my my moms machine and thats about how much is use when you boot up the comp. So definately go 512.

Should I just get another stick of 256 or 512? The 256 would be put to good use if I get a 512 but where can I get a stick of 512 for under $130? Also, what do you think of the rest of the system?

Personally I would go with faster memory than pc2100. Especially if you will be doing some ocing. pc2700 isn't that bad as far as price goes and if you want some real serious fsb then go even faster.

Water cooling:D

Quiet and you will really be able to utilize every bit of performance that cpu has- and stay in the room without earplugs too;)

Back