• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Somebody Shoot Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rdytorave

Help me please.

I had an Abit motherboard that broke. When the power was turned on the fans and drives would spin up but POST would not complete. No video, no beeps.

The board has a thermal sensor that I bent so that it contacted the bottom of the CPU. Could this be why it won't work now? I bent the probe back so it doesn't contact but still nothing.

I know the powersupply and graphics card are both good.

I tried pulling out the memory and turned the motherboard on and still no error beeps or anything.

I RMAed the board and got a replacement and am having the SAME DANG PROBLEM!

AHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me please. What should I do?

Thanks

rdytorave

I'd check the CPU in another board, or try another one in that one. Plus the usual steps to double check everything.

BANG!!!:beer: ok i second that definitely check the cpu in another mobo also check the power supply make sure your ram is seated properly try reseating / a different video card

Seeing as you already RMA'd the board. It's your CPU. The CPU, And board are the only two thing's I've ever had go bad where it would'nt post without giving some sort of beep code.
Try the CPU in another machine, I bet it will not work.
Of course I may be wrong but I doubt it.

ITS probably some obscure jumper, try looking in the manual too see if you have set the ram fsb correctly. i konw on my asus kt133 - vm (forget specific model) it wouldnt post because i need to set the jumpers to orrectly indicate the cpu fsb and ram fsb.

I reset CMOS about a million times with no change. The board is jumperless except for the CMOS jumper. Voltage is 115v. I'm getting a new 1600 CPU tommorrow from New Egg and will keep you fellas posted.

Thanks for the help!

r2r

Back