• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

I'm looking to build a new system but not sure if i should start buying parts now or wait and see what comes out...just wanted to hear what new bells and whistles (like dual ddr, etc) are worth waiting for, and any other advice...

Thanks

Depends...

Are you happy with your current setup and could you wait a year for NeForce2 and better AMD CPUS with Dual DDR. OR for the .09 Micron Intel chips to come out?

What's your current setup if your not happy with it?
IF you are happy with it...I'd wait. I'm waiting to upgrade until I see the products being used more and talked about by the power users here. Just my little twisted ideas.....

Good advice...

I think I'll wait and see what comes out...and how prices go..I don't need to buy everything..just wanna get a good case, mobo, and cpu...I already have lots of extras I can put into it. But since I'm fairly new to building computers I'm not sure if I should go for a p4 system or athlon...I keep hearing that amd is not doin so well..

I like the systems I have..but I wanna get a new one that I can oc more and stuff...

What about selling computer parts..is it worth it, or should I just keep them for backups/secondary..

Thanks

Consider this:

Go ahead and start on your new system now. But begin with the components that you aren't worried about being obsolete or upstaged in a few months. Stuff like the case, monitor, speakers, fans, power supply and any mods you might have in mind. Then add the internal parts as you feel confident they are what you really want.

BHD

Back