• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UGH UT2K3 is running slow!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just ran the benchmark, demo version, on the P3-S system
in my sig, and scored 101 flyby, 48 botmatch @ 1024x768x32

I got one of those spiffy Gainward GoldenShower Gf3 Ti200
cards which I have overclocked to 210/540.

Will run a bench for the Celly in my sig, and post in a bit.
It has a Gf2 Ti200 in it...

Just ran the demo benchmark on the Celly 1.1a@1483 (135fsb)
with a Gf2 Ti200 @ 265/472. 1024x678x32

73 flyby, 40 botmatch. Not real bad, but OK especially
since that PC has a 17in monitor and I usually run everything
at 800x600 there. Got 19in on my main rig, and never
use anything over 1024x768 there or everthing looks too
small anyways. I am old I guess.

Granted, either of my rigs will destroy an AMD 1.2, but
that XP1900 with the GF3 ti500 should be able to keep up.
Especially with all that DDR. I just got fast Pc150 SDRAM.
512mb in both.

Not sure how much the benchmark scores go down between
the demo and retail versions of the game. That could be
a factor.

6502kid said:

Granted, either of my rigs will destroy an AMD 1.2, but
that XP1900 with the GF3 ti500 should be able to keep up.
Especially with all that DDR. I just got fast Pc150 SDRAM.
512mb in both.

Whats your 3D mark on the celery? I would be suprised to see if your celery could "keep up" with the XP1900 with a GF3-500. Or your P3 for that matter. :)

Last edited:
I dont get it......on my sig machine, ut2003 runs like hell at 1024x768 32.... i dotnget it. My rig= fuxed the hell up, it runs slow even on 800x600! anyone else got a 9000 NON PRO they can compare?

Well, my system with the GF2 Ti runs it fine on 1024x768 with the quality way up. My brother has a R9K 64mb on an Athlon 1.2 (200FSB) and his has a better 3D Mark than mine so he should be able to run it fine at those resolutions.
I dont see why your system shouldnt be running it really nice. It should blow my bro and I's sys out of the water!

Last edited:
I'm sure you beat me in 3dmarks. Only get 7250 with the Gf3.
Dont remember what the other gets.

3dmark seems to get much better results with systems using
DDR memory, as you would expect. But real life apps. like
UT, Q3 and the UT2k3 demo, my sdram seems to do OK.

I am getting those numbers by running the benchmark.exe file
in the Ut2K3\system directory.

You can get real time numbers by hitting tab and typing STAT FPS while playing.

No Im not saying that I am going to beat you in 3D mark. I am just saying I think you should give AMD systems some credit for their performance...they are no slouches, especially for their prices. Thanks for the info on how to display the FPS.:) Isnt this game great?!

When I brought UT2K3 I had 256mb memory. Major swappage! It would take ages to load a map, and then when it was loaded it would still be swapping. Every second or so the hdd led would turn on, and the game would jolt. 512mb got rid of this, was a huge performance boost. On winxp pro (streamlined), total memory usage got up to 471mbs (and no doubt more at times)...this game eats memory!

So if you think your system should be running it way better, and you have 256mbs of memory, get 512 :)

More memory bandwidth isn't going to hurt either.

Felix I am running 256 and my load times are wicked short. And I havent had a single hickup/ freeze for a second in the game. Im glad I am not having any of these probs I am hering about.

Back