• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What could be improved with my 1.6a setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Plexman

My setup is below, I can't get the cpu any higher or any of the memory timings any higher with the fsb of 147MHz.

Do any of you see anything that could be improved and also would running the memory at 1:1 divider 147fsb with faster timings be better or maybe still use the 3:4 divider but lower the Ext. Clock to maybe 140fsb and try faster memory timings.

Also is 2.9v ok for my ram?

Abit IT7 (bios c6)
1.6a
Crucial PC2100

2.35GHZ

Ext. Clock 147 (FSB)
PCI Bus 37MHz Fixed
DRAM Ratio (CPU : DRAM) 3:4
Memory @ 196MHz (2.5-7-3-3-1)

Core Voltage 1.7v (around 1.66 actual)
DRAM Voltage 3.2v (around 2.9 actual)

Cpu temp 45c

Using intel retail hsf with the black thermal stuff that was already on.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks in advance. :)

hi,

get rid of that HSF and try alpha pal, swiftech 4000, of the ax-478 from thermalright.

with a quiet fan you will get your temps down.

btw...your looking good yet corsair xms 3200 will give you a better OC and mem bandwith.

good luck

mica

FIZZ3 said:
Sorry to break it to you, but this is a double post of a very recent thread you posted. Stick to a single thread in the future, it's the polite way of asking for help.

Ref: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135392

Sorry about that but the threads are different, my first thread was asking what holding me back and now this thread is asking which setting would be the best as i now know what holding me back.

Anyway, I would like to keep this thread so I will ask for the other thread to be deleted.

Any more help?

As micamica1217 said you could do with a better a H/S and you DEFINITELY need to get rid of that black stuff that you've got between the H/S and CPU! Get some Artic Silver 3. Your CPU temperatures should drop anywhere from 5ºc to 10ºc. which may give you a little more headroom to O/C. Check the Artic Silver page on how to apply it properly.

You should be better off with the fastest (lowest) memory timings that you can get. Do some benchmarks, like Sandra's Memory benchmark but turn off the buffering so it will stress on the memory timings. See which gives you the best figures as the P4's thrives on memory bandwidth, that's why the RDRam guys are laughing at the DDR guys :D (We will see if Dual-DDr will redress that!)

Back