• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

optical mouse light stays on even when comp is off.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I just built new PC, I have a logitech corded optical mouse. When I shutdown my computer the red light underneath the mouse stays on, and when I move it, the light brightens like when it does when the comp is on.

Whats up with this? I'm sure the comp is off b/c no fans are running and no leds are on.

its cus you have in plugged in the ps2 port. use the usb port and it should be fine. i dunno why they do that but microsoft optical mice do the same thing when plugged in the ps2 port.

hmmm, Ok, I'll use the USB.

I do have a MS intellimouse optical on my other machine using the PS2 adaptor and it does turn off when the comp is off.

My backup Win98 system's MS Internet Explorer mouse stays light up after power down but my new system on Win2K, same mouse/drivers, doesnt.

OMG, is it that big of a deal man? It's a freaking mouse! It's not like your microwave won't turn off or something.

alpha_gamer said:
OMG, is it that big of a deal man? It's a freaking mouse! It's not like your microwave won't turn off or something.
Hm, It consumes 2 AA alkaline batteries in 2 weeks. If we take that a standart LogiT Deskt lives 2 years, than this makes ... OMG .... 96 batteries ... :bang head

Under power management, the mouse can be used to turn on your computer by just moving the mouse. Many motherboards support that option. The LED is lit because it requires power to perform that function.

Hm, It consumes 2 AA alkaline batteries in 2 weeks.

If it takes batteries, that means its cordless, right? And if it's cordless, then you don't plug the actual mouse into the ps2 or usb port. :confused: Confused about the battery thing.

CPFitz14 said:

If it takes batteries, that means its cordless, right? And if it's cordless, then you don't plug the actual mouse into the ps2 or usb port. :confused: Confused about the battery thing.
Mouse and Keyboard use both 2X AA Alkalines,
radio reciever is plugged into 2X PS/s or 2X USB(Mouse and keyboard output) and doesn't need batteries.

OOPs, I said 96, I mean 192(2X96), since Keyboard consumes power too.

am having that same kind of scenario. i guess its just the computer having its standby power on. but when i turn off the psu switch, it goes off with it. no big deal.

Same here except I have the cordless version. The receiver plugs into the parallel port but since the mouse itself is powered by batteries theres no real way to turn it "off" except for removing the batteries all together.

Back