• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i can't play with teh scrooll!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alpha_gamer

i have a logitech Cordless Freedom™ Optical

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...RID=1&CONTENTID=5055&countryid=2&languageid=1

anyway, most games don't recognise the scroll on it, morrowind scrolls down automatically, it doesn't even work in ut 2k3, and in sacrifice the mouse isn't detected, it tells me that i don't have a wheel mouse. :bang head i was wondering if anyone else has these problems, or knows how to fix it :( i'm greatfull for any help, thanks

I have problems with my new Logitech MX700 wheel not working in UT2k, Hitman 2, etc. I installed the drivers that came with it also...

fuzzba11 said:
It's because of Logitech Mouseware. Just uninstall it and you should be able to use the scroll in games.

Cool, I'll give that a shot. Will I still be able to use the extra buttons on the MX700?

hmm, i'll try using the default windows drivers but i don't think i'll get to use my precious 4th button! noooo! that's weird that you got the scroll working with the mouseware software though tbird
what config do you use for the buttons?

what operating systems are all u guys using? 98? xp? that may be a factor, especially for windows drivers.

cordless mouses are cool, but what's the point of having them if the software doesn't work well, and it drains batteries. Alpha_gamer knows where i'm coming from :temper: "EVERY 2 HOURS I CHANGE MY BATTERIES!!! I hate life."<--as quoted by qui-, er...Alpha_gamer....(heehee) (nervous laughter)

JimboZ88 said:
cordless mouses are cool, but what's the point of having them if the software doesn't work well, and it drains batteries. Alpha_gamer knows where i'm coming from :temper: "EVERY 2 HOURS I CHANGE MY BATTERIES!!! I hate life."<--as quoted by qui-, er...Alpha_gamer....(heehee) (nervous laughter)

Mine came with a docking station so I've never had batt problems.

OH, this is greaat! I try uninstalling the Logitech drivers, and well... I'm on my secondary rig now. It boots up and neither the mouse nor the keyboard works, but the keyboard is detected in DOS. :bang head

I need to find another keyboard/mouse to deal with the problem.

What you HAVE to do, especially with the MX series mice is this:

DONT install mouseware or run the setup on the CD.
If its on there, uninstall it....

Let windows detect the mouse, on either PS2 or USB.
Then, go to your Computer Properties/Device manager.
For PS2, you only have to update the mouse drivers.
If you are on USB, update both the USB HID and HID mouse
drivers.

Browse the CD for the correct hardware drivers for your OS.
(Dont remember the extact path, and it might be different on your
CD, but look for a directory that contains a bunch of subdirectories
named after various OS's, thats where the hardware drivers is.)

Not sure if this will activate ALL the buttons on the MX500/700
mice, but all the buttons on my MX300 work with this method,
and most importantly, the 800dpi is enabled.
You will notice major speed/precision increase with the right
drivers on.

(If you lose mouseware, and stick with windows default drivers,
it will act just like a 1st generation optical mouse. 400dpi)

Hell no! Hell no! I ain't touchin' those drivers again man, i uninstalled them and bam! There goes the mouse and keyboard. I just reformatted and didn't install those crap-*** logitech drivers. Everything works great except for the 4th button :(

I had a logitech mouse a while back and the wheel ect didnt work with the mouseware. I had searched the www.logitech.com and they had a registry fix or something that enabled me to use all my buttons and wheel in UT. I imagine they may have one for the new mouse and ut2k. Now this isnt a new version of mouseware Im talkin about but a stand alone patch to enable all the buttons for games.

It was burried in there site but it was there. Take a look around and try that.. good luck

edit/ here is a link to the reg file, dunno if this is your mouse though. I imagine itll work regardless but if it doesnt just find your mouse in the downloads section and in the left bottom corner under "other downloads" find"mouse registry file for gamers"
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...D=1&softwareid=8211&countryid=19&languageid=1

for that fourth button, can you assign anything to it? for instance in windows my 3rd and 4th buttons are assigned to be pageup and pagedown, so ingame you can set your "lean left" to pagedown and since your mouse button4 is also a pagedown, walla ect ect

Tbird man said:
i have the cordless freedom optical and i have no problems at all on UT2k3 and GTA3 or any other games. i also have the mouseware installed.

i love my 4th button ^_^

i won't ever give it up

I tried the "gamers" reg. fix but the bloody thing still isn't working. P.S. Nice avatar himura-dono

Back