• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screensaver only version?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Use the first one for now it is the graphical version. It 's the one that says recommended for Windows. That will get you started.
Remeber to put 32 when it asks you to specify a team.

Garfield said:
do I want this? what exactly does this mean? or do I want the first option http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html ? I guess I dont' want the text console one. thanks!

the text console is the best one! most people choose the either the text or the gui client, never use the screensaver only version, it usually only leads to problems/errors :)

oh yeah if you use the console there are some cool monitoring proggies for it... find them here

FOLD ON
NAS

is EMIII just for text console version, or also for graphical? are there different EMIII versions?

Garfield said:
is EMIII just for text console version, or also for graphical? are there different EMIII versions?

there is only one version of em3 and it is made for the console version... but i use it to monitor clients across the network here that use the GUI version, so it works for those too! I would suggest the text-only client and em3 combo though!

FOLD ON
NAS

fastest client, the gui is only seconds slower in most cases as long as you keep the display shut, but ever seconds counts :D

very stable, very little issues and no chance of a driver related issue. easy to maintain, if something goes from, just delete the exe and start over, you will have it back up and running in seconds.

the pande group spends many many hourse working with it and it gets the bulk of the attention!

also the text only has many monitors geared towards it such as EM3 and kdfold and fold montior that allow for stats tracking and WU tracking!

FOLD ON
NAS

Garfield said:
so i'll just get the text-console and then emiii? that's all i need?

yep:D that is all! if you have any questions about em3 then just fire away and we will our best to help out!

FOLD ON
NAS

okay, hopefully i dl these this weekend. i'll keep you guys updated on my progress of folding and setting it up. thanks for everything!

Back