• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older type of cooling, what you think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You probably want the drug store purity grade though. There's a possibility that commercial grade would have a small percentage of petroleum distillates in it that would eat away some of your components very slowly.

I still need to know if it is flamable since half my family smoke, i don't just everyone else. I am afraid my brother might try to steal my video card or something again. Don't older and biger brothers suck. He is 6'2" and can kick my butt any time that is with out my equalizer. Baseball bats come in handy. I am getting long winded just he smokes and might try to get some the parts out.

If your brother is that much trouble for you; just throw so on him to see if it lights while he has a light smoke! That test it for quick and give him a reason to quite smoking around your equipment. I smoke but not in my home or around my equipment, there is enough dust and grime that builds up in there as it is. Here is an arctile on viscosity, thermal breakdown and the rest if you are really sure you want to do this, hope it helps: http://www.process-heating.com/CDA/...ures/BNP__Features__Item/0,3156,23992,00.html

This is an exceptional cooling method, very quiet u may get a little noise from the refrigeration unit but thats about it.

My grandfather worked for IBM UK developing electronics that are able to conduct electricity in that liquid at high enough voltages ampages, (there is still a large mineral content (check out the oil dH) which can conduct electricity.....

But its totally safe with stuff say bellow 10,000Volts... :)

happy days guys

Oh it's flammable but the flashpoint is very high, you could probably put a cigarette out in it. It needs a wick or very high temperatures to burn. Or it would burn explosively in an aerosol spray (very small droplets), so if you get any pinholes in your tuning, don't go looking for them with a match.

Road Warrior

Back