• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How bout an "Overclockers.com club" in schools?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drunkmonkey

I'm gonna start an overclockers.com club @ my school since there are no computer engineering programs at our school. Would that be OK with you skip? I'm sure it would, I just wanna ask. It would be cool to have these pop up in a lot of schools.
It would be a conglomorate of programming, cooling, building a computer, overclocking, etc.

I would start something like that at my school. But, theres only 5 people there that know how to do anything computer related. Everyone else is all about the sex...which is why they all have the same diseases. I hate my school.

KLowD9x said:
I would start something like that at my school. But, theres only 5 people there that know how to do anything computer related. Everyone else is all about the sex...which is why they all have the same diseases. I hate my school.

are you still in high school?
that sounds like my old college Radford University.

there's a ACM club at my school (association of computing machinery) or something like that, but i always have to work when they have meetings. thats good enough for me, i'm sure most of those people overclock anyways :D

jeff

i started my school computer club, but it isnt called the overclockers.com club....lol....but we do oc the machines that allow it :)...*hugs p3v4x and PIII600E*:)

Jeff Bolton said:

are you still in high school?
that sounds like my old college Radford University.

there's a ACM club at my school (association of computing machinery) or something like that, but i always have to work when they have meetings. thats good enough for me, i'm sure most of those people overclock anyways :D

jeff

Yea, high school. Everyone at that school acts like theyre still in middle school or something. they gotta be with someone or else theyre not fit to live. Between me and everyone at the forums, maybe theyre not fit to live, the only thing they want is sex. I dont mess with many of the people at that school...I tend to hang around the head shops and coffee shops :beer:

man, listening to aphex twin in high school :) you're miles above all of those people just because you even gave that music a chance, much less listen to it on a regular basis.

by the way, i feel the same way as you. at college its no different. i mean i wouldn't mind getting a little here and there but i'm much more worried about my job, friends, music, and computers. of course, if i get this girl i'm going for, she'll go to the top of the list. girls are evil :)

jeff

haha, yeh... The music I listen to freaks alot of people out :p Have you heard of Throbbing Gristle? Look for the song "Hamburger Lady".

KLowD9x said:

Only three here, :eek: :mad: And I am there Leader!!! :beer:

Mmm about 3-7 at my school And I am In between Best and second.

The only thing he gots' on me is he knows linux like the back of his hand.

I was very surprised when I was asking to see if any1 was interested, about 8 people said the wouldd, INCLUDING A CHIC?!?! lol. I gotta find a sponser though, so 8 out of 800 ppl is pretty good, and I only asked 9, lol.

I think you'd be better off with a simple "overclockers" club. That way you won't have to worry about copyright etc. Also you might get some members who are fans of other forums.

nihili

at my school there are 4 of us who really are into comps and then there is one other kid who thinks he is the "cream of the crop," because he came over my house and watched me builid his comp. Our club consisits of us going over each other's houses and working on our comps :).

well the number of people at my school, is about 2, that i know of. 1 is me, and one is my friiend who doesn't know much but has the interest.:D Also, if I ever started a club like this, it would quickly become, "the nerd club" Right now i'm pushing for a ski/snowboard club.

-CPFitz-

Sounds like a good idea.

Also the fact that starting and leading a club looks good on college applications sounds good too. ;)

Back