• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad units anyone else

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Loggitt

Registered
Last week to ten days I've been getting a lot of bad units that cause the Folding executable to throw away hours worth of work and start over with the same unit or start up with a new unit. Anyone else experiencing this? OS in use is Win XP Pro. Is there a solution?

I would say to delete the core and let it download a new one. See if that helps it could be a bad core corrupting the WUs. Good luck:D

Fold on!!!

are all these bad WU's the same one? are they all coming from a certain server?

FOLD ON
NAS

I had this problem on 1 of my rigs and it turned out to be that this rig was not quite totally stable at the overclock I had it running at. I backed it down around 25 mhz and it ran fine after that.

That is my experience also. The indication that I get that my clock is set too high for the core I'm folding is a bad wu and down load of a new one. This will continue indefinitely until you clock down or correct instability. Because you are getting some work done before the rejection You are close to stable. Also check you temps. Gromacs definitely warms you up. As Muddocktor suggested a 25mhz decrease should do it. It's great to have a motherboard who's bios allows you to increase/decrease in 1mhz increments. If you have an extreme OC expect to have to decrease for Gromacs.:beer: :burn:

I was running a 1 gig Duron at stock speeds and getting some message where the work is not verified. This happened 3 times in a row. I was using overfoldix, so the core was new.

I've had a couple of bad core_65 units in the last few days, there's no stability problems as it's been running Gromacs for a couple of weeks solid. I guess maybe there were just a couple of dodgy ones being sent out.

muddocktor said:
I had this problem on 1 of my rigs and it turned out to be that this rig was not quite totally stable at the overclock I had it running at. I backed it down around 25 mhz and it ran fine after that.

Same here.

Well, I've dropped my overclock down by 2mhz bus & 23mhz cpu as a first step. Let's see what happens over the next few days. Thanks for all the replies, peoples. :D

My machine has dumped 2 units in the last hour or so. It downloaded a new core (core65) on its own, so hopefully that will fix it. I've been gone for a month, and it' has been doing this a lot since I got back (about a week ago.)

Loggitt said:
Well, I've dropped my overclock down by 2mhz bus & 23mhz cpu as a first step. Let's see what happens over the next few days. Thanks for all the replies, peoples. :D

I did the exact same thing. No problems since.

Back