• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sunon fans suck? Id this true?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pirate252

I just bought a whole crap load of tuff for my computer, and it included a sunon 80mm 83 CFM fan, i bought it cuz it cost a little less than the famous Vantec 83 dual ball-bearing fan, i then later heard that sunon fans are prone to failing, i need to know if i made a mistake, if it is in danger of failing i need to know because i am putting it on top of a thermalright AX-7 for extreme cooling...so i cant have my CPU fan failing, thanks all

Matt

Most of my fans are Sunon and they have been running for at least a year and a half. Never had a problem with any of them. So you shouldn't have any problems. And if the fan does die and your CPU fries, call up Sunon and complain. THey might even replace the CPU for ya. ;)

There is nothing wrong with Sunon fans. I have used them for quite some time now and I have never had one fail on me yet. You shouldn't have any problems with it.

Vantec doesn't make fans

They just put their name on comercially available units. The Vantec Stealth fans are produced by Nidec, and the Tornado is a....Sunon. Sunon is as good a fan as there is.

yep sunon fans are just about the best there are and the tornado uses a sunon motor anyways so its all good.

Hey thank a lot for all the input all!

the tornado uses a sunon motor too?? weird...

Thanks again!

Matt

By the way Benolan, that was a pretty nice joke there...do you work any clubs i could go see ya at lol

yup, the tornado is a sunon. i have one and i had it on 24/7 during the summer when it gets really hot. i find that my temps got a little too high for comfort during the hottest part of the summer so i just tossed in the tornado for the hot weather... it's a little loud unless you work around jet engines for a living... but not a single problem otherwise

pirate252 said:
Hey thank a lot for all the input all!

the tornado uses a sunon motor too?? weird...

Thanks again!

Matt

Glad to be of help. The tornado does not use a Sunon motor, the fan in its entirety is produced by Sunon. If you peel the vantec sticker off you will find a Sunon one underneath. You already have the tornado, you just didn't buy the Vantec sticker (and let them make a mark-up on you for no reason). Buying the tornado directly from Sunon and cutting out the middleman was the best thing you could do.

Back