• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my XP 2400 processor- Is the multiplyer unlocked??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkilla74

I was noticing that i can lower the multiplyer with this processor with out unlocking it...

AT first i had it at 140X15 than i had one random restart with Unrealtornament2k3

Than i tryed 149 X 14 and it has neen fine

Temps stay between 35 and 39............. What else can i try???

Jkilla74, please stop, take a deep breath, recheck, and wow us.

:)

OK, as THT said, we think that some KT400 boards unlock the 2400. I have not seen a post that says the KT333 will unlock the 2400.

Can you please confirm that this is true?

NOTE TO ALL, J may be right. I've seen posts of lower speed tbreds (1700, mobile 1600) being completely unlocked, all multis available, so maybe its true with the newer 2400 also.

Thanks

Have KT333 and 2400+, multis are all mucked up although this may be down to my attempt at unlocking 5th L3 bridge.
At the moment I get all Multis up to 12x, the rest are as follows
13x=12.5x
14x=5x
15x=5.5x
I need the higher multis to overclock more, at the mo my best OC is 175x12.5 stable at 1.85v. I need to improve my cooling first so I may go for a KT400 board when I upgrade....

yeah, i confirmed it with cpuz, I can t go lower than 13 though...... It wont boot up..

so you're locked at x13 or more. I guess that this is might be the improvement in the laest BIOS? That they implemented multiplier manupulation when the chip's x8 is HI? that you can still go either to the upto x12.5 or x13 and up

Could you post a pic of WCPUID or CPUZ if you don't have the first?

i know ill sound like a total newbie here but what program do i use to take a screen shot of whatever I am displaying??

All Tbreds are unlocked, I asked many xp2200 owners when they first got their chips to confirm it and they all said its true. The L1s are connected and it can be confirmed via testing with an ohm meter (they are connected below the surface of the chip).

The connecting of the 5th L3 bridge is simply to use the lower multis, the kt400 chipset allows you to use both the high and low multis but if you dont have one you have to make the change manually.

All chips from xp2000 and down can only access the multis from 5 to 12.5(when unlocked), all chips from xp2100 and up can only use 13 and up (12.5 and 13 is the same multi depending on how the 5th L3 on tbred or L10s on pallys isconnected) unless you modify the L10s (pally) or L3 (tbred).

So all of the chips from xp2200 and up can access all of the multis from 13 up without modifying the bridges, you only need to connect the 5th L3 to access 12.5 and down.

markodude thats why you are getting 12.5x on the 13 multi, if you want the higher ones just undo the 5th L3.

Back