• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC fans? EMI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ct. Strangelove

Somware around here i saw a link to a 300cfm ac fan. I have a catolog with 225cfm @ 58dBa and one 105 cfm @ 35dBa

Will AC mess with my monitor? What about the computer itsseft? I bet it has killer EMI. could ferites solve the problem. Or will i have to trace the AC lines carfully? What do you all think?

I used a 18 inch oscilating fan on the Good 'Ole PII350@464 for three years. No trouble from the ram, or HD's (actually the 4 gig hd is in this computer as a "warez zone"<g>)

I JUST finished putting in an 80mm sunon fan out of an Apple IIe "Power feeding block" hicky. the monitor looks fine, but it's only been about 12 hours ;)

I'd have seen something by now tho. Damn NEC hardly uses ANY shielding... the Cheap Asses. Makes that article on the frontpage look horrible... He had shielding all the wa around... I have... a tiny box LoL!

Last edited:
I just installed an AC sunon 80mm fan out of an Apple IIe. It works fine and is atleast 14 years old.

I have an 80mm sunon in the case exhausting and a 120 blowhole.

I like Sunon... They don't move the msot air at the most pressure, but they move enough air and enough pressure to not break my poor ear drums

Back