• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my XP 1600 from Gameve, nice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

franlofter

Registered
Got the aogia 0226 xp 1600 , put my new SLK 800 on there with panaflo low out put 21 db 21 cfm, went all the way to 165 FSB 1.74, and I think i need better fan or perhaps my system just wont go higher, Epox 8KHA+ crucial 2100 DDR 165 FSB not to shabby for KT266A. running 3d mark see if it folds on me. Temps a little high at 50 might need better fan. Thats default voltage have not touched my bios yet.

Last edited:
You can probably squeeze more out of it but a bump in voltage is going to be alot of heat for such a low cfm fan. Also I don't think your mobo has the 1/5 divisor on it? also 2100 memory might be a factor holding you back. Hard to say what will be the thing that stops ya first hehe.

My guess would be the heat. I can almost guarantee you a higher o/c if you slap on a Delta 80cfm or Tornado fan on your SLK-800. The memory could hold you back too.

It crashed in 3d mark at 165 FSB, your right about the heat I think its to hot, I backed down to 163 FSB . I think if i had KT 333 and DDR 2700 this chip hit 1.8. I need one of those ajustable fans that go from 0 to 5000 rpm so i can run it quiet when i dont need overclock.

Is that a "y", "9", "k", or "z" agoia??

I recieved the "9 0224" agoia from Newegg today. I hoping for a "y".
When my other 8k3a+ gets here I'll burn it in a run it against my aroia "y"..

You can use a rheostat w/ a Tornado or Delta 80cfm fan to quiet it down. That's what I'm doing w/ my Delta 80.

I just ordered a smart case fan 2 hopefully it will work like I would like it to. says it blows 73 cfm at full thats some good airflow, and its goes down to 1300 rpm, what a great deal XP 1600 close to 2200 speeds cant beat that, no need to upgrade to higher clock cpu.

Last edited:
Back