• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone here have altec ada 880 4.1 spkrs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

anyone here have altec lansing ada 880 4.1 spkrs?

i got these when i ordered my dell 2 yrs ago.. im gettin an audigy and was wondering how could i use the digital sound in it cause the spkrs use for digital this wierd connector that wont go into a normal vid card.. :|

thanks for any help

max

Last edited:
nice work with paint.:D that is the same kind I have on some old speakers thatI have. You will probably have a hard time pushing those speakers with your comp if they are like mine. My speakers needed an amp that came with the sound sys I bought for my pc. they are just normal a/v jacks and can be convered with a coax-mini adapter plug.

yes but you may not push the speaker hard enough and possible mess it up. Under powering thm can hurt them just as much as over powering them.

what u mean pushing it hard enough.. wit my analog connection wit my current sound card i can pump it quite loud and maxed out bass and all.. not that i do it for more then 30 sec cause it hurts my ears hella.

diff speakers reguire diff watts just like they require diff ohms. normal comp speakers only run on about 5-10 watts and that is if they plug up to an outlet. speakers for a surround sys can use upwards of 45-80 watts of power. These are the ones that plug into something lik a sub or amp that is from there connected to the comp. The subs have amplifiers built into them. If you run a speaker that is designed for 45watts @ 10watts then the coil will not move its full range causing it to only travel a small portio of its intended range. this will cause it to heat up and possibly lock it up. check the watage unless they are expendable.

my ada 880 are 10 watt sattellites plug into the sub which is 40w 8 incher.. i guess it has amp built into it cause its pretty big.. and from there i have choice of analog (normal connector) or that wierd one to put into my sound card or somethng..

Back