• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Free RealityCheck CPUs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lt. Max said:
o ic thanks i dint kno u had to register :)

god damit do u havta be 18 ?!?!
!@#$!!!!!!

They weren't carding the winners at least in the San Diego one. There were a couple of people that were obviously under 18 that won cpus.

Krusty said:
Just popped in the 2100+ (Palomino) that I won at the AMD thingie. Booted up at 140fsb and ran Sandra tests, 3dmark, and SETI for a couple hours flawlessly. Pop it up to 145fsb and the stupid thing won't even boot into Windows! What kind of cpu can't even take a fsb overclock of 145?!?:mad:

Could it be that the 1600+ cpus with good steppings will actually run at faster max speeds than the 2100+ cpus? Does the 2100+ actually perform better than a 1600+ overclocked to the same speed (ignoring fsb performance increase)?

I was able to hist 1.8Ghz with my 1600+ before my hard drive started crapping out. The 2100+ starts at 1733 and I might not even be able to get it to 2Ghz!

I just might attempt to unlock my 1600+ to see which could run faster and which will run better.

EDIT:Ugh, had to give it 1.85v to boot into Windows. 1.8 didn't do it. Time for some stress testing.

Awwww, poor baby! Your free CPU won't do what you want it to. Nuts! Good thing it was free, meaning you didn't have to pay one thin dime for it. Meaning AMD gave it to you for free. Did I mention that it was free?

Gift horse, man. If you don't want it, you can send it my way. I'll pay shipping. That way, you can get your money's worth out of it. I mean, you did after all, get it for free

:rolleyes:

Illah is correct.

The higher models are limited for a very little increase of FSB because they have a high multiplier and one FSB makes a significant difference because of that whereas the low end models have the low multipliers and several increments in FSB is equivilant to 1FSB. Basically, the higher the model the less you are going to get out of it.

To make the best out of it, you'll need to unlock it.

Yodums

Back