• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED If you own a Geforce, post here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
card name: GeForce 6800GT
manufacturer: XFX
video ram: 256mb DDR3
bus type: AGP
card cooling: Zalman Fatal1ty FS-V77 VGA cooler
voltage: STOCK
stock core/memory clock speeds: 350/1000
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 430/1080 (mem can go higher, known 1200)

driver version: 83.40

PS, this system is wholly in-accurate as it doesnt account for memory types eg DDR1 DDR3 memory - big performance difference, or what core revision or architecture - for example, looking at the 6600 speeds above that would delude one to assume it was better than my 6800, yet the latter's 3dMark05 scores are nearly twice as better

card name: geforce 6800XT (x2) in SLI
manufacturer: xFx
video ram: 256mb
bus type: pci-e
card cooling: stock
voltage: stock
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 400/1150

driver version: 81.85

I am looking into upgrading the stock cooling on the cards, any suggestions would be appreciated.

bluediamond said:
i am looking into upgrading the stock cooling on the cards, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Zalman Fatal1ty FS-V7 VGA cooler - best air cooler on the market, next best thing to water, many have had clocks with it matching water set-ups, the ambients keep me from doing this personally, but given my case, i can believe them, there is not a bad review for it

LeAd_Poisoning said:
PS, this system is wholly in-accurate as it doesnt account for memory types eg DDR1 DDR3 memory - big performance difference, or what core revision or architecture - for example, looking at the 6600 speeds above that would delude one to assume it was better than my 6800, yet the latter's 3dMark05 scores are nearly twice as better

i realize that this system is not very accurate for comparing cards with different architectures and components. the rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. just because somebody has the best ranking does not mean they have the best card or the best card combination by any means. i just find it interesting to use to see what people got with different manufacturers. the ranking is just some way to organize the information and shouldn't be taken as the official ranking as to what card(s) are the best. it would be nice if i could go thru and ask a thousand people questions about their cards and find out the differences in speeds of the ram to calculate formulas for the differences. however, i do not have the time nor the resources to do so. that is what a benchmark can be good for... those companies have the money, time and resources to make a sort of benchmark that can apply for many systems and i will let them do what they are good at and i will do what i can to keep some information about people's overclocking successes (and failures).

i realize that you are not trying to insult me in any way, i am just clarifying my thoughts on the current system.

card name: Geforce 7800gt co
manufacturer: evga
card cooling: stock (hopefully not long)
voltage: stock (for now)
stock core/memory clock speeds: stock (which is slightly oced)
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: no oc (yet)

mbentley said:
i realize that this system is not very accurate for comparing cards with different architectures and components. the rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. just because somebody has the best ranking does not mean they have the best card or the best card combination by any means. i just find it interesting to use to see what people got with different manufacturers. the ranking is just some way to organize the information and shouldn't be taken as the official ranking as to what card(s) are the best. it would be nice if i could go thru and ask a thousand people questions about their cards and find out the differences in speeds of the ram to calculate formulas for the differences. however, i do not have the time nor the resources to do so. that is what a benchmark can be good for... those companies have the money, time and resources to make a sort of benchmark that can apply for many systems and i will let them do what they are good at and i will do what i can to keep some information about people's overclocking successes (and failures).

i realize that you are not trying to insult me in any way, i am just clarifying my thoughts on the current system.

ok... no worries

acompdude said:
card name: Geforce 7800gt co
manufacturer: evga
card cooling: stock (hopefully not long)
voltage: stock (for now)
stock core/memory clock speeds: stock (which is slightly oced)
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: no oc (yet)

my formulas rely on actual numbers to work so in order for me to add you to the database, i need the actual numbers for the speed of your card. thanks.

Just got my 6800NU through the roof today. I've never seen another one clock like this... Especially a NV40 AGP one!

card name: Geforce 6800
manufacturer: E-VGA
video ram: 128mb
bus type: agp
card cooling: Older Koolance water unit (three-four years old?)
voltage: 1.5v core, vs 1.2 (1.3?) stock.
stock core/memory clock speeds: 325/700
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 648/900

optional
driver version:7.7.7.9

3dmark 03 scores still blow chunks, but hey, it's a 128mb card on an Athlon XP!

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4659092

card name: [geforce 6200 nv43a4, 4 pipes only]
manufacturer: [pny]
video ram: [128mb ddr]
bus type: [agp]
card cooling: [stock hsf with small ramsinks]
voltage: [gpu: ~1.3v to 1.4v, ram ~1.65v to 1.8v]
stock core/memory clock speeds: [300/550]
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: [480/725] :)

2329 3dmark05

card name: [geforce 6800 XT]
manufacturer: [XFX]
video ram: [256mb gddr3]
bus type: [pci-e]
card cooling: [stock]
voltage: [stock]
stock core/memory clock speeds: [350/1000]
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: [417/1300]

card name: Geforce 6200 Non TC
manufacturer: EVGA
video ram: 256 mb
stock core/memory clock speeds: 300/400
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 401/500

9,899 3DMark2001 score : Just won't do anymore with this POS Celeron hopefully adding a P4 soon soon as find one for 478 at a decent price...

Other - I ran across a website www.mvktech.com that specializes in custom bios editing and edited my bios to include my oc'd speed immediately from startup so no rivatuner or coolbits to cause issues .....? just a thought

card name: geforce 6800GT
manufacturer: EVGA
video ram: 256mb DDR
bus type: agp
card cooling: water, Koolance gpu-180 block 39C idle 49c load at full oc
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 428/1158
driver version: nvidia 8.1.9.8

Ranking:
350+1000/2 = 850
OC
428+1158/2 = 1007

diff. 157

Last edited:
card name: XFX 6800GS XXX Edition
manufacturer: XFX
video ram: 256MB 256-Bit GDDR3
bus type: PCI-Express
card cooling: Zalman VF700CU-LED
voltage: Stock
stock core/memory clock speeds: 485MHz/1.1GHz
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 525MHz/1.40GHz
driver version: 84.21

3DMARK05:

Last edited:
card name: PNY Verto 6600GT
manufacturer: PNY Technologies
video ram: 128MB 128-Bit GDDR3
bus type: AGP 8x
card cooling: Stock
voltage: Stock
stock core/memory clock speeds: 500Mhz/900Mhz
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 560/1022Mhz
driver version: 66.93

Card Name: PNY Verto 7800GS
Manufacturer: PNY Technologies
Video Ram: 256MB 256-bit GDDR3
Bus Type: AGP 8x
Card Cooling: Stock
Voltage: Stock
Stock core/memory clock speeds: 375/1.2Ghz
OC'd core/memory clock speeds: 470/1.55Ghz
Driver Version: Forceware 84.20

card name: PNY Verto 6800GT
manufacturer: PNY Tech.
video ram: 256mb 256-bit GDDR3
bus type: 8x AGP
stock core/memory clock speeds: 350/1Ghz
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 415/1.1Ghz
Driver Version: Forceware 81.98

card name: [geforce 4 MX420]
manufacturer: [I Don't Know]
video ram: [64mb]
bus type: [agp 4x]
voltage: [stock or modified; if modified, x.x to x.x]
stock core/memory clock speeds: [core speed - 250/memory speed - 332]
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: [core speed - 270/memory speed - 362 ]

optional
driver version: [84.21]

card name: [2xGeforce 7800GT]
manufacturer: [Sparkle]
video ram: [256mb each]
bus type: [pcie-x X8-x16]
voltage: [stock]
stock core/memory clock speeds: [core speed -400mhz3D-275mhz2D/memory speed - 1.0ghz]
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: [core speed -480mhz3D375mhz2D/memory speed -1.17ghz]

optional
driver version: [84.21]

Last edited:
Back