• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm fan + AX7 + AS3 = 56C??? Whats happening??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

I have been running this setup for about 3 weeks now and haven't touched anywhere near 50C at load. I was just checking my temps and they are at 56C...What the heck could be happening. My Vcore is at 1.775 and vdimm is 2.80. I have lots of air pushen thru my system. I have a mecatronics 120mm fan that is running 90 CFM over the AX7 so it sucks. Any idea?

is it possible that the weight of the 120mm fan + adapter + ax7 is to much for the clip and the pressure between hsf and core has lessened? also, have you moved your case at all? with that much weight, something could have moved a little.

when using a 120mm fan on to an 80mm Heat sink you will get a lot of turbulence and you will not get as nearly as much airflow as your fan advertises.

the pressure on the CPU core is good, the more pressure the better, just don't crack the core.

Also what are your case temps?

maybe get rid of that 120mm fan and adapter and just get a Thermaltake SF2

Try reversing the fan and have it push, just to see what happens. If that doesn't make things better, or if it makes them worse, then you definitely have a contact problem. Perhaps too much AS3, or not enough? A lot of weight could have pulled it off center, so if that heat sink is copper cored (I don't know if it is or not . . .), that could easily be the cause of your problems. When I had my fan sucking air through the heat sink, my temps went down two more degrees. Then I put the side on and it went up around 5C over what I had had before, so I promptly reversed the flow back to pushing. Just my .02 USD:rolleyes:

Z

i didn't read that you made it so it sucks the air. You want to blow the heat off the fins to therefore blowing is better. Reverse the fan.

MY Tornado is blowing air onto the heatsink. Temps are 33C Idle and 37C Load. With AS3. Case temps 28C

Back