• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My sound mod... but will it mess up my comp??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slogan

heh, well my little aiwa system suxored and i wanted some bass... well, i took 2 of my 4 12" woofers from my car and hooked em up to my stereo, which is hooked to my computer... the subs are like a foot and a half above the monitor and computer... will the magnetism from them fudge up my computer????

actually, my monitor started to dim up :} but i degaussed it and back to normal... so ill keep a look out for that

edit... they are alrady hooked up :}

good, thatll give me an excuse to buy a new one lol. then ill d/c them :}} but what about my computer :\ think she will be ok ?

if the magnets are powerful enough they might erase stuff on the hdd... but i dont think its a possiblity if its far enough away

if the magnets are powerful enough they might erase stuff on the hdd... but i dont think its a possiblity if its far enough away

might be the case with floppys, but unless its like a mega powerful magnet, like the attraction force of 20atm then that might cause some damage;)

Cheers, Turando

well, I had some 12" drivers from a guitar cabinet, I believe 80oz. magnets, and I brought the magnets within 2 feet of the monitor, and it caused permanent damage (not cureable by degausing). It was a perfectly good 17" too... bummer.

my 12inch sub is built into a unit 6 feet above the floor.but its not close enough to any equipment to casue any problems.

but yeah anyway put it on the floor, it'll sound better as well as being further away from the monitor

Back