• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help my CAPS is growing big!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1-Man-Army

help my CAPS on mobo is growing big!!!

can sum one help me my caps on my abit be6 is going to pop off so i need help replaceing it i went all over the place that i no of and they dont have the caps i need for my mobo. the caps i need are 6 1500 uf 6.3v TAYEH.. if u no any place i can try in mississauga ontario plz post it here. i will be very happy if sum one can help me:burn:

Last edited:
Re: help my CAPS on mobo is growing big!!!

1-Man-Army said:
can sum one help me my caps on my abit be6 is going to pop off so i need help replaceing it i went all over the place that i no of and they dont have the caps i need for my mobo. the caps i need are 6 1500 uf 6.3v TAYEH.. if u no any place i can try in mississauga ontario plz post it here. i will be very happy if sum one can help me:burn:

first of all WELCOME TO THE FORUMS. I dont know your location but you should got to a radio shack if there are any around you. If they dont have them in stock they can order them. good luk and be careful.

Just look for 1500uf caps, 10v or 15v are more common and the higher voltage rating wouldn't hurt anything. Make sure you get the 105degree caps though. You don't need the same Tayeh brand or anything, as long as their 1500uf, 105deg & at least 6.3v+

Search electronic supply stores, like www.mouser.com.

1-Man-Army said:
hi guys
woods i live in mississauga ontario of Canada i went to radio shak and they said they dont carry caps no more

I'm hearing that about more and more stuff at radio shack. Every time I'm looking for something they're supposed to carry they're like we have to order it. What good does that do me, I can order anything I want myself.

You can also try Active surplus, 345 Queen Street West. Great store, they have absolutely everything, and at good prices too. I suggest trying them out.

Edit: btw, that's downtown Toronto.

After almost 20 years of going to radio shack, I have stopped
completely.

Last few times I have gone, to get a battery, or other part
that costs less than a dollar, I have to give my whole life
history, (name, address, phone number ect.) before they
ring it up.

Dont those pinheads have any idea how to setup perhaps a
DATABASE with this info on one of the computers they sell ?

Boycott radio shack !

each time i go to radio i notic that there inventory becomes smaller each day it used to be a bit big but now its hard to find what u need.

6502kid said:
After almost 20 years of going to radio shack, I have stopped
completely.

Last few times I have gone, to get a battery, or other part
that costs less than a dollar, I have to give my whole life
history, (name, address, phone number ect.) before they
ring it up.

Dont those pinheads have any idea how to setup perhaps a
DATABASE with this info on one of the computers they sell ?

Boycott radio shack !

Same. Went in there for 2 dollar cheap thermal compound and they ask me all these questions

Can't you RMA it to Abit? I've heard they have extended the warranties on mobos because of the capacitator problem.

1-Man-Army said:
each time i go to radio i notic that there inventory becomes smaller each day it used to be a bit big but now its hard to find what u need.

I complained to the store manager about this about 6 months ago. I said that I wouldn't shop there anymore because they never carried what I needed anymore.

He gave me a customer complaint form to fill out that he would send to the "regional manager" (AKA round file).

about a month ago, I got a $25 gift cert. from the local manager and a letter saying that "we regret that you are not satisfied with our stock/service (I also mentioned the pin head "sales" personell who don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground) polices. We wish to keep you as a valued customer, so here is a complimentary $25 gift voucher good toward any purchase in the store...."

Now I have $25 to spend in a store that has nothing I need....sounds about par.. So, I go down there, pick up a pack of 'AA' batteries(2.99 or something like that..), and supply them with the gift cert. And the clerk says (back to the pinhead statement) "for your change, would you like cash, or a gift card with the remaining amount??" Duh.. give me cash!!!

Anyone remember when you could buy the kits to build radios or TV's from rat shack?? Try that today and the kid will look at you and say, "why do you want to go through all the trouble when we have this 27" with stereo surround sound"

Remember when you actually needed to know electronics to work at Rat Shack? Now all you need is pimples and you're in the door.

/apologie on/
If you work at Rat Shack, sorry.. this is just the experience I have had over the past 2-3 years
/apologie off/

Yeah i hate rat shack now. They don't carry anything. They say they did it because nobody buys that sort of stuff anymore. Waht about the ENTIRE modding community. Do we not buy this sort of stuff?

I went in 2 days ago, and asked if they had any thermistors. I got a "well........we did!". Yeah, like that helps me. Then he criticised me for buying 3 soldering iron tips at one time, saying nobody should ever go through that many in their lifetime. Oh, and before i start getting flamed here for that too, i bought one regular tip, and 2 super-fine tips. I have 2 irons i use, one for larger soldering, and one for super precision soldering.

Wow. Looks like my little radio shack rant has hijacked
this thread ! At least my experiences there arent unique....

Good luck with those caps.

i used to find tons of bargins of u ppl remeber that radio shak used to have u can buy stuff cheap (as in not expen.) now its only like nothing the store is like almost empty with a few stuff ppl dont want . 1 thing i think is stupid is that radio shack takes stuff ppl need of the shelf and put use less stuff on the shelf!

RNPGROSZ i didnt send my mobo to abit is because i had my mobo since 1999 i dont no if the warranty is still there so i didnt send it and thats y i went to look for those caps.

1 more thing guys i am thinking of getting a new video card for my new comp. it is an amd xp 1900+,abit kx7-333-r. what video card should i go with. my cho. are.
1. ati radeon 9000 128mb
2. albatron ti 4200 128mb
i will be gaming and video editing so which one is better??

Last edited:
Back