• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer with no case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

velocicaur

Registered
Hey Guys,

I seen pictures of computers with no cases, but how do you turn them on and off, is there some special rig thing you have to do?

I'm asking this because over the years i've collected enough things to make an extra computer and was wondering if there was a way to hook it all up and test it out before getting a case....

Does it work or am I missing something in the pictures? :beer:

Thanks- Velo

How would I go about doing that?

Anyone have a link or diagram? :D

Thanks guys-

velo

errrr

on one of the corners there are many lil pins like "Speaker" "RST SW" "PWR ON" etc... grab a blue jumper, and shove it on the "pwr on" pins.

Or use the manual that came wif the mobo to find those pins.

make sure the everything is connected when you do this, the power supply too.

PS. If what I am saying rings no bells, perhaps you should not be doing this.

A blue Jumper?

I found the power on pin, but not sure what to put over it to make it work?

The motherboard is an Abit BP6 if that helps anything.

lol you have to connect them. Using anything conductive would work. So things like wires, paperclips etc... be creative

Sweet :D

Thanks for the help

Paperclip worked...

Just saved myself 50 bucks :cool: :beer:

Velo

you can also take a screw driver and touch the two power pins together so they short each other out...that will turn it on

Spec

Yup, Ive killed many a cases here. Took out the switch, cut the wiring, and made up a nice lil switch, prolly about 3 inches long. And made just for that kinda job! :D

when i had my computer turned away from me for airflow reasons, i used a reset switch from an AT case to short the two pins :)...worked great as the hdd lee light lol

lol, I have three computers sitting on top of cardboard boxes right now because it's much cheaper than a real case. On the first one I actually mounted some switches for power and reset, but for the others, I just find something metal on my desk to short the necessary pins.

my favorite pen (for following reason) has a metal tip, and works wonders for turning on a computer when no power button is available.

Back