• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WD120GB and Partition/Format Trouble!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

I install Win Xp Prof, on the hd, then a few day ago there was a problem about a missin file, and try to repair it, but it dosen't work so run the xp setup again, when it ask about partition the disk I first erase all I mean ALL the partition and then enter the xp utility to create a new one, but the cpu freeze and after a time I reset the computer, and nothing, all black, enter the bios it read the cd drives and also the wd120gb disk, but when I try to format again or do something it just freeze again and again, try to run pq7 and it show a error on disk and don't start, and also fdisk and don read the disk, and linux but nothing work.... I know that now the disk have no partition, no format no nothing, how may I fix this BIG mess????????????????? :confused: help

try starting over using the WD program to prepare and partition it . There should also be a Utility to see if there is a problem with the drive. Good luck:D

going to try it today morning, need some sleep... hope that works, if not I'm gona cry!!!!!!!!!!

Good PM me and let me know if it helps.

It is also not good to double post so if you could delete your other posts it will save the mods from having to merge them.

You could try a low level format before you install, and see if that helps. I know that a few Maxtor drives sometimes require this. Not sure if it's the same case with the WD's.

try to low level format.. it dosen't work error says busy timeout, try to do it with the WD utility and say "busy timeout error/status code 0134" I don't really know what to do....

If you can hold of a program called Disk Commander then you should have a chance of fixing the problem

Here is LINK to the developers page.

thanks for the help... but it's too expensive.... almost a 200gb hdd, jejeje.. thanks any way...

Back