• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling a 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xCarne_Asada

what would be the best AIR cooling solution for an AMD 2600+ Processor? I am thinking a ThermalRight SLK-800 and a Sunon 50CFM Fan with some AS3. Does this seem like it would work effectively? I am trying to keep the noise down.

YES
NO get this 1
YESHERE
As for the wire guard from Tt that comes with it u would need to screw it to the fan itself
No biggy ;)

well i am just going to order it with like 3 fans, and see which one is the quietest with the best cooling, then use the others in other computers, damn i wish watercooling was an option

Well I'd say a SLK 7 or 800, and a sunon 84CFM fan. Main reason I say that is I got the SLK7 and the fan for under 30 bucks, and with the 7volt mod or a rheostat its really quiet (or maybe I've just gone deaf)...and if you do go the way of a rheostat you have ALOT of "play" with different CFM/noise/temps

Back